ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vr6 is in!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The vr6 has finally been dropped into my mk2 golf.

Not driven it much yet but needless to say it's an improvement on the 1.8 8v.

Just a couple of iPhone pics to start - I'll get some better ones tomoz

9bdadb26.png

3b6cb756.png

f2355af5.png

Still needs a few bits on the body sorting and need a new filter and wheels and exhaust........

Money pit but I love it!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mate had one that I borrowed for a few hours.

I loved it, the noise is proper addictive. Like Fred said though, its a shame they don't go/handle as well as they could have done.

Can't go wrong with modding a mk2 either, massive massive following for them. :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
pics not working for me, but i do like a vr6, timing chains are a nightmare tho and my ex went throuigh several engines on his mk3 cabrio with one it... the noise tho... om nom nom

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely. I love more doors and the colour. Perfecto.

PS never change the orange indicators either..

People are saying they're not very fast. Surely that isn't the case in a MkII car? They must be pretty handy I'd imagine. No?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
People are saying they're not very fast. Surely that isn't the case in a MkII car? They must be pretty handy I'd imagine. No?

Feels quick to me mate. Certainly on a par with the Clio 172, 182 and 197s I've driven.

Double post nightmare - apologies.

Evo 5 RS
a mk2 golf weighs roughly 900kg..add the weight of the engine.. A vr6 out of a golf is what, 190bhp? Would have a few people scratching their heads I would imagine