ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Voltage of the Central locks?

1.2 Clio
I need to know if anyone knows the peak voltage of the supply to the locks on the central locking circuit.

I dont have a peak hold. So my multimeter just flashes +10 and -10v (locking and unlocking uses +ve and -ve). I'm guessing it's just on a relay and kick out whatever battery v is. Can anyone confirm this???

As i'm aware that the controls side (from switch to UCH) is not at B+ voltage. It's only at 10v or so...

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
how old is your clio? as far as i'm aware, mk1 and mk2 are all 12v positive pulse locking, altho the mk2 have the lock and unlock wire as one, so lock twice is unlock

1.2 Clio
It's 02 mate.
Mk2 ph 2

The lock is +ve (something i guess 12v) and unlock is -ve (something). I guess it's 12v, just through a relay.

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
lock is 12v +
unlock is 12v +

what are you trying to do? wire in an alarm?!

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
its not regulated, last time i did an alarm on a mk2 ph2 i chipped into the wiring on the button next to the hazard, the button is just a 12v to the relay, and the relay does the alternating for lock and unlock, everytime you press the button its just a 12v signal to switch the polarity

hard to explain, but if u have a toad, with seperate lock and unlock, press lock twice and it'll unlock, as it'll get 2 pulses, first will lock, then it'll unlock. if you are putting in say a cobra, with one button to lock/unlock like a clio key, it wont be an issue

Last edited:
  R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
what year is ya car n what alarm u fitting?

i used to fit alarms, so pm me your email and i'll send you the fitting guide for your car, eg. where to connect what on the car

1.2 Clio
I'm still stuck on this central locking. I think I'm going to tap into the switch on the central locking now. However i'm still unsure of how it works. I think that it's all controlled on the pink wire and both lock and unlock is controlled by joining the pink wire to gnd.

Is it that easy? So lock the car is pink to gnd and unlokc is pink to gnd?

I hope someone can help :S

1.2 Clio
I got this cracked now. It was neg trigger on the pink wire to the back of the switch. So when switched to earth the doors lock, then sent to earth again is unlock :).

Thanks for your help bud.