ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vodafone SIM problem

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I think there's somebody here who works for vodafone who might be able to help.

Basically, we develop embedded devices of which some use a phone module to allow the equipment to be contacted by text message or over the internet.

Vodafone have started supplying SIM's that don't work with our modem (for some reason) - this has been confirmed as a bug in the modem firmware and we have had to send a SIM to motorola (they're in israel) to that they can fix the issue.

However, this leaves us with a short term problem that we don't have any sims which actually work!

Is there anybody here from vodafone who could lay their hands on a small lot (10) of "older sims" that don't exhibit the issue we're having?

The older SIM's have all 8 pads exposed, these work. The newer sims only expose 6 pads, and these (currently) don't work. The extra pads are not actually important, but it's how we can visually distinguish between working and non-working SIMS.

They're all Pay & Go SIM's.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Ended up sending a second SIM by courier to Israel, f**k knows where the first one has gone.

The irritating thing is that the first SIM we was sent a week ago, and the bug in the modem will probably take them 2 minutes to fix. (you can make the sims work, but you have to insert a working sim first).

Thanks for the ideas/offers. One of the SIM cards should arrive in the next 48 hours, so hopefully we'll have a resolution to the problem with the new sims by midweek anyway. Even if we got hold of old sims now, by the time we got them to the end customer we will probably have the fix anyway.

Wish I'd never selected the Motorola modules now! I've found loads of bugs in them, fortunately they're actually quick at fixing them.