ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vodafone increasing line rental

ST1050, 320d
Just had a text from Vodafone saying that they will be increasing line rental from November. If I feel like I'm not getting enough for my money as a result, would I be able to cancel my contract/wangle a better deal out of them? I don't really want to go with them anymore anyway because their network coverage/3g is crap!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I thought that by law (uk) they have to make you aware an give you the option to leave if that's what you wanted as they're making changes to your terms

Mick

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
In the same boat. Compounded by the fact their coverage near me lately has gone crap!

2014 Clio 200t edc
Vodafone haven't txt me yet, but they can shove it up their backside. I struggle for signal most places, home especially. On a plus side the Vodafone shop told me they are going to merge with O2 and share masts etc, so signal will improve.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I got the same text and there was something in it saying that the rise wasn't above the rate of inflation...

Just a side note, when viewing this thread does everyone else get the vodafone adverts showing in the banners....are they that clever that it's picking up that teh thread is about vodafone.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Vodafone haven't txt me yet, but they can shove it up their backside. I struggle for signal most places, home especially. On a plus side the Vodafone shop told me they are going to merge with O2 and share masts etc, so signal will improve.

Project "Cornerstone" it's called and O2 were dragging their feet back in 2010 on this (I did some structural design work on contract for them to make ends meet).

It won't necessarily improve speed but it will help the two networks plug gaps in their coverage as they will essentially share sites.

Mick

ST1050, 320d
Hmm, I'm tempting to ring them up anyway and try get a better deal out of them as I've been with them for ages and I feel like I should be rewarded for my loyalty lol.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
LoLz - yeah, let us know how the loyalty angle works out for you.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Maybe not the best way to go either... And thats coming from an already short, ginger and angry man!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
LoLz - yeah, let us know how the loyalty angle works out for you.

works with orange every time for me. They've knocked off £5 a month the last 2 times i renewed (so my current contract is £10 less than the advertised price for the package) becuase i asked for a loyalty discount. They also basically doubled all my allowances at the same time.

Regarding the OP, Orange did it around a year ago, and they were deemed within their rights to do so as it was below a percentage increase. Check your contract and/or T&C's it's all in there.