ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Prong, what is your connection to Virgin?

I might be getting a new house and trying to decide on BT/Plus Net/Virgin on Fibre.

If your discount does work, then I could be tempted for the 100MB connection. Minus the telephone line.

Thanks very much,

G.

Mrs works for them so she can get you the 'Mates Rate' discount. I'm not 100% sure what the discount is but I think it's around 40-50%

Rav4
Mrs works for them so she can get you the 'Mates Rate' discount. I'm not 100% sure what the discount is but I think it's around 40-50%

That is very kind of her + you to offer such thing. As you are near me and if I do take up the offer, I will bring you a nice bottle of wine or whatever you want, as a very big thanks :)

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
That is very kind of her + you to offer such thing. As you are near me and if I do take up the offer, I will bring you a nice bottle of wine or whatever you want, as a very big thanks :)

You're welcome, no need to do that it's no hassle.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
IMG_20130502_084300.jpg

SH2. What I can tell you is that even with the minor bugs in it, it's FAR better than the SH1. Wireless is awesome instead of virtually unusable as it was on the SH1.

Runs 2Ghz and 5Ghz concurrently, yay.

I get the full 100Mbit over wifi.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_20130502_084300.jpg

SH2. What I can tell you is that even with the minor bugs in it, it's FAR better than the SH1. Wireless is awesome instead of virtually unusable as it was on the SH1.

Can you stream HD content on YT?

Mine struggles like hell with it.

Also, TiVo is absolutely dreadful IMO.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Youtube is to do with traffic shaping in the VM network I believe, I don't really watch anything on youtube so it doesn't really bother me. SH2 won't fix that.

No problems whatsoever with netflix or anything like that, works like a charm.

Just did this speedtest (5Ghz wifi):

2682952105.png

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I kind of agree with TiVo, I like the idea of it, it's just not well implemented.

It's slow and the menus are confusing, you often end up clicking an option twice because of bad nesting.

If it were as quick to operate with the remote as it is with the iPad app then it'd be a winner, but it isn't, it's just very slow.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

[Bishop/Queen] Come again..?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
WHAT THE FACK, my upload is higher than yours strangly though. My router is s**te, can barely connect to my phone if im upstairs.

My upload rate hasn't been upgraded yet, it should be 10Mbit but they've only done the downstream at the moment.

Golf R/Leon FR
Signed up with Virgin last week for BB, booked in for 09/05/13. Got a call today to say they cant do it as my new estate was missed off when the lines were installed :( - got to choose someone else now.

Audi S1
I just gave VM a cheeky call to see whether they would update my package to 120mb instead of 60mb. After sometime on the phone to them and then trying to tie me into a 12 month contract, in the end I managed to get no extra contract and 120mb for £2 extra a month :)

Cayman S Edition 1
I use an apple airport for my wireless. Much more reliable and gives a better range.

Clio
My virgin TV has been s**t for about a month now, dropping ot channels every now and then, freezing and crap like that. Rang up last night and best they could offer was reset the box. It all came back and they said that was it. Hour later all went again. Rang up last night and their system was down apparently so they couldn't help. Call back again they said. Rubbish

Skoda Fabia vRS
its a shame it took so long to get a new superhub as the first one is that bad, the wireless performance of it is terrible

Shhh
Kryptview A780...cough....cough...

Anyway, i dont have virgin tv (XL) as they did not offer me a decent package. Did consider the above though, but Mrs AO happy with HD Freeview.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
My SH1 keeps dropping wifi. It doesn't connect. Happens about twice a day.

I have to re start my MBP each time then boom it works again.

Any ideas?

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone want mates rates Virgin? (40% discount)

The mrs gets a little bonus for everyone she signs up before the end of March. You have to be a new customer and cannot just be adding a new service to existing.

Audi S1

The mrs gets a little bonus for everyone she signs up before the end of March. You have to be a new customer and cannot just be adding a new service to existing.

Worthy of a new thread that!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
My SH1 keeps dropping wifi. It doesn't connect. Happens about twice a day.

I have to re start my MBP each time then boom it works again.

Any ideas?

I know you shouldn't have to, but you do have the option of putting it in modem only mode and buying your own WiFi router (I have this for further functionality)

hello mate id love that offer ! sort you a drink for it !

Liquid Yellow 182
I can also get this deal, as i know Prong was here first doing it, but worth a shot :) PM me if need mates rates :)

My dad said he's looking at getting their big khahuna deal thing, he was telling me he's been offered tivo in two rooms, 270 channels.
100 meg internet & free evening, weekend & international calls for £70 a month - does that sound about right?

They currently get 120mb broadband, so a 20 mb loss probably won't notice too much, but they pay a fair whack for what they have & they don't even have tivo.

I did post this elsewhere too as he's going to do it by Sunday. Hopefully I can tell him next I speak to him.

Cayman S Edition 1
My dad said he's looking at getting their big khahuna deal thing, he was telling me he's been offered tivo in two rooms, 270 channels.
100 meg internet & free evening, weekend & international calls for £70 a month - does that sound about right?

They currently get 120mb broadband, so a 20 mb loss probably won't notice too much, but they pay a fair whack for what they have & they don't even have tivo.

I did post this elsewhere too as he's going to do it by Sunday. Hopefully I can tell him next I speak to him.

I'm on that bundle without sport / movies and pay £69 I think. I went from 100MB to 152MB and saved 50p lol.