ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin media package end of contract

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Just thought I ask a few questions about this as I'm sure a few of you will know.

Currently on a deal with virgin, and our minimum contract term (18months) is now over by about three months. What can I do to keep virgin but get the new customer rates.

A few people have said to cancel and then get the mrs to set up a contract in her own name. Does that work?

Many thanks for any help

JB

Listerine & Poledo
You'll need to use a different bank account too.

Just ring them up and ask what they might do for you, openly compare it with what Sky will do.

If you want "6 months 1/2 price" or whatever, you probably wont get very far, but if the packages have been changed since you joined you can probably swap to those at the normal going rate.

remember kids, sometimes things cost money

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
You could try: Call "150". Select the "Thinking of Leaving Us" option. Ask them for the new customer deal you've seen and see what they say. Worst case, they say no.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Did you get Tivo, V+ HD (in 2nd room) {for £3 extra per month} and 60Gb internet? If not, play up! ;)

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I was paying £65 a month

Upgraded broadband to 60mb (which goes up to 100mb in October)
TiVo in main room, hd box in bedroom all channels (apart from sky options)
top phone package

And now paying £55pm

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I was paying £65 a month

top phone package

And now paying £55pm

Good, Good...pretty much what we have. Need to get it down now as we're paying £65 quid a month...so might get Mand to kick off with their call centre staff and get a discount! ;)

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
We are paying probably just shy of £75 a month at the moment as I have added the Sky Sports package for the F1 season - cheeky b******s have sent me a letter saying it's going up an additional £3 a month from the 1st October! I'll be getting rid of that soon - especially as most channels are now easily available online.

We are "trailing" the XL TV package at the moment for £3 a month for the first three months - I think some negotiating will happen when my contract expires early next year!

182 ff
I was paying £65 a month

top phone package

And now paying £55pm

paying exactly this did u get free install of new broadband !