ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin existing customer deals?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
That’s for a 3 pack but they do them as a single unit - £99. Tbh despite having 3 installed around the house, I only use 1 as I get coverage all over. I can’t emphasise how good these are though. The make the shittiest broadband seem unbelievable fast.
Ah I see.

So one of those and the 910Mbps download/upload plan is the way to go then.

I’ll have a read up on them but I’m going to assume these aren’t just plug and play, they need some setting up done?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Oh aye

Just depends how good the service is because a mate of mine went with Voda and didn't have proper internet for nearly 2 years. They gave him compensation for every day he didn't have it and provided a USB dongle SIM 😂

I mean he rinsed them for thousands so f**k it, go for it 😂
We had a similar issue with Vodafone, ended up getting out of the contract but still having the credit on account, not paid a phone bill now for 12 months and next one isn't due out until November 24. That includes both mine and my wife's phone 😂

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Ah I see.

So one of those and the 910Mbps download/upload plan is the way to go then.

I’ll have a read up on them but I’m going to assume these aren’t just plug and play, they need some setting up done?

5minutes to set up. @Sunglasses_Ron has just bought some.

Yeah the eero system is absolutely top drawer. Piece of piss to set up. A minimum of 200mbps through the whole house.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I have an ASUS setup at home which I’ve found to be super reliable but it’s not cheap. I’ve read some pretty positive reviews of the eero mesh WiFi. How big is your house? That will determine if you need a proper mesh setup or not. Tbh, for £200 to get super fast everywhere reliably, long term, I’d say it’s worth it.

I think you or family member at your address need to have left for 12/18 months (don’t quote me on exact time) before they’ll class you as a new customer. I’ve tried this. B****ds have it well covered.

I thought you could rejoin immediately on your partner's name if you simply register with a different bank account.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I thought you could rejoin immediately on your partner's name if you simply register with a different bank account.
I’m sure there can’t be any virgin services at that address for a period of time. It’ll be in the terms I’m sure. They make it virtually impossible to get around it.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I wondered about that so I guess it won't work then. Might have to just go internet only really don't use the actual channels except for BT sport which maybe I'll just have to do that separate or just start using streams again.

Going to play the cancel method but barely any other fucker seems to provide to our address so trying to claim such and such offer a lower price is a pain but going to just bullshit through it and hope it works.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Ive done it the past 3 renewals. Sorry should have been clear. Month before renewal i ring to cancel the renewal. 10 days before services are cancelled i place a new order on the other account.
Good stuff. I need to try that one then and see how i get on. Every day is a school day on CS.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Placed my order for the Vodafone 910 package. Getting installed on the 24th. I'll try their router for a week or so, see what it's like. If I have any problems I'll order the one posted above.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Buy just once:

Ubiquiti UniFi Dream Machine All-in-One Router : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Thats what I run. Its been perfect for years now. I have 16 devices hardwired (I have 2 switches also) and about another 12ish wirelessly connected. The WiFi is not WiFi 6 but I don't have any WiFi 6 clients/devices.

The good thing about going down this route is that you can add additional wireless access points (They do WiFi 6 ones) so everywhere can be covered. I still get 500mb/s on my phone 6 houses down the street.

997.1, Caddy, e208

I’m sure there can’t be any virgin services at that address for a period of time. It’ll be in the terms I’m sure. They make it virtually impossible to get around it.
You can use the same surname but a different person from the day after the services are terminated

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Also, cat6 ethernet cable or is 5e sufficient?
5e is absolutely fine.

cat6 is tighter twists and thicker inner. But save your time and buy passthrough plugs.
71wv4RtsL2L._SL1500_.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I've found these ones are the best, in a DC you find after a few years the gold plating just falls off if it's cheap

We went through a stage of reseating f**k loads of cables and found out that my boss was a tight c**t and ordered 1000 heads from ebay that were dogshit and the pins weren't making decent contact anymore
Same ones out SF. Yep pay the extra you get better quality. Only way forward on those ends.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Got my internet installed this morning. Getting around 560 up/down so will likely upgrade router in the next few days. I’ve got the router in the main bedroom and the PC/gaming room is at the back of the house, so I’m going to have an almighty cable run to do 😐

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Got my internet installed this morning. Getting around 560 up/down so will likely upgrade router in the next few days. I’ve got the router in the main bedroom and the PC/gaming room is at the back of the house, so I’m going to have an almighty cable run to do 😐
Pfffffffffffffffffft! 560 only? Pauper spec that ;)

DCi
I never knew there was a pass thru tool

I just thought those style of clips were dumb and learned to cut the right length for the other style of clips

Every days a school day

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Good timing seeing this thread as we’re due a new package with Virgin. We were on m100 at £24 a month and now it’s jumping to £47. Through their online thing they’ll do the same package with a whopping £4 off to £43. There’s much better deals available, what’s my best course of action, just phone and ask?

997.1, Caddy, e208
I know a guy that knows a guy that does (similar to):

take SIM deal if offered and cancel afterwards leaving any applicable discounts as that's all on virgin system/package

One was £39.99 for 1GB broadband, Stream Box, Unlimited 02 SIM and Weekend Calls. O2 SIM was billed at £25 so when I cancelled that came down to £14.99. plus a £3 rolling discount on it and waived install charge so comes to £11.99 for everything bar the SIM.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Good timing seeing this thread as we’re due a new package with Virgin. We were on m100 at £24 a month and now it’s jumping to £47. Through their online thing they’ll do the same package with a whopping £4 off to £43. There’s much better deals available, what’s my best course of action, just phone and ask?
I phoned them as our package expired during the Black Friday deal period and the offers were really good. I gave them the chance to make me a deal, they didn’t (it was the India based team) so cancelled. They phoned back (India team) and their enhanced offer still wasn’t very good so still cancelled. Put me through to the UK based team and I’m now on their 1gb package for £37 which was less than I was paying for the m350 package I was on at the time.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Remember when on phone to virgin and your an o2 customer, they will "boost" and discount plenty of other stuff if needed.
Just a reminder.

Instance they double your data on o2 side and will give you a better speed (if you want that).

Virgin / O2 Volt

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I live in the NE and there's never been Virgin just BT in my area, any reason behind it? Some good deals to be had on Virgin but I've never been with BT so to speak, but I've been with Plusnet for quite a while though which use BT.

The most i can get is around 76mbps or there abouts for the top sepc one and there's no deals to be had on there, is it likely to be deals from the 1st of next month? I'm looking to switch provider but there's nothing more than what i have at the minute

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
My virgin was £82 a month with M350 and all the sports, was going up £21.50 a month and then to £123.50 in June when the deal ends, spoke to them yesterday, down to £72 a month with M500, i have got rid of sky sports as i am either at the match or out watching it, also got a O2 sim in the deal so can cancel the boys phone contract and let him use that, not the cheapest, but they have always been ok so happy to stay with them.