ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video's of 197's with Centre silencer removed?

Anyone done this with there standard 197 exhaust?

How does it sound?

Posted up as thread on 197.net but it is a pretty quiet forum.

It's just a silencer though.
Didn't think it gave any gains/decrease in performance?

The 197 generally have a flat spot at 3.5k, we can't afford anymore! :eek:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Trust me fella, as soon as you start f**king about with the 197/200 system they give you flat spots, standard, or uprated. Mates just got a 200 janspeed unit, and that's made it flatspot lol

I was only doing it for the sound basically.

A mate has removed his centre section on his Megane 225 and it sounds awesome!

Cooksport Fleet
Took my centre section out on my 197, there was a slight increase in flatspot. But when i was ranting it, sounded good. Now i have a K-tec system with a remap and decat.

It sounds amazing :)

Turbo LY R27
If you just want some sound go for a powerflow back box. Mine has no flatspots at all and feels a bit better. Sounds a lot deeper and quite throaty compared to the other aftermarket systems like k-tec, miltek etc. Looks good and ive had no issues with it at all.

Took my centre section out on my 197, there was a slight increase in flatspot. But when i was ranting it, sounded good. Now i have a K-tec system with a remap and decat.

It sounds amazing :)

How much more noticeable was the flat spot?
Was the sound worth it ??! :)