ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vibration when accelerating

Corsa C 1.8 SRi 16v
just changed my lower engine mount as it has worn, used renaults "new kit" consisting of the stabaliser bar to the front of the box and the dogbone mount but now have a strong viration/wobbling of the whole car when under load..... this was happening before i changed the mount, but i presumed thats what was causing it....

slight acceleration appears ok, but anything more than touching the pedal causes the car to vibrate badly..... feels qite unsteady...

any ideas what this could be???

the car is a 2000 - X reg 1.6 16valve RSi model.

Many thanks.

cliosport 172
This is exactly the same problem that i am having mate , my cars going in tommorrow morning and have been told that it may be the dogbone by someone on here .

If i find out what it is i will let you know but knowing my luck it will be expensive , think it might be the exhaust manifold though .

Corsa C 1.8 SRi 16v
This is exactly the same problem that i am having mate , my cars going in tommorrow morning and have been told that it may be the dogbone by someone on here .

If i find out what it is i will let you know but knowing my luck it will be expensive , think it might be the exhaust manifold though .

did the dogbone yesterday ;) but still the same

keep me posted mate, and hope for both of us its nothin expensive!!

Clio 172
Does the car only Vibrate in certain gears?? I have the same issue which is only occuring when accelerating in 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Clio 172
Yep got a similar thing. Mechanic I spoke to and who's test drove me car seems to think it has something to do with the CV joints on the Drive shaft. Mines being looked at again and hopefully fixed Monday. Will let you know how I get on.

Corsa C 1.8 SRi 16v
my mate had the same issue apparently on his megane...... turned out to be the knuckle on the drive shaft inside the box......

my theory now is that this has caused vibration of the engine/car and worn the mounts (which would explain why the dogbone was so bad!)

let me know how you get on and what cost was involved to repair :)

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
check your hub nuts are tight! could be where the excessive play in the shaft is coming from.

cliosport 172
having mine looked at at the moment apparantly i need to replace all the engine mounts which will be done monday so will let you know what happens .

53 Clio's & counting
it happened on mine,changed my upper o/s engine mount (the one that bolts to the inner wing) and thats fixed it

Clio 172
I had the CV Joints replaced Yesterday as per a mechanics recommendation. No longer get a vibration from the front end when accelerating in 3rd, 4th or 5th.. Car runs a sweet as I'd expected.