ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vibration through steering ???

clio 172 sport
hey guy's,got this wierd problem with my 172 :s just finished work the other night and went on the slip road and put the foot down (as you do) and i have loads of vibration coming from the passenger side,it gets worse when accelerating and almost goes away when you ease off the throttle.I'm guessing drive shaft ?? what do you's think ? cheers

clio 172 sport
lol nope two brand new yoko's on front and balanced and wheel straight as a dye :) and nuts nice and tight only one weight on each wheel to balance oz super t's good quality rims. can ease off throttle and vibration goes away even at a ton,soon as you accelarate you get the vibration right through the steering,feels like passenger front left,i have already replaced drivers side shaft. everything on car has been renewed,ball joints struts track rods etc ???? help !!!!

Eliminate the wheels then by swopping tyres side to sidde see if the vibration is on the other side check the top mounts and engine mounts as well

Try getting it tracked
I got the same problem same wheels too... except I hit 80 get vibration, droning (noisy tyres) and a very slight knock

clio 172 sport
had it tracked at pro grip and had all camber done,just gonna take it to the garage,doing my box in now lol :( im pretty sure its a shaft as when you ease the power it goes away then when you plant it it gets a lot worse !

clio 172 sport
thank feck someone agrees with me lol :p cheers bud think il price some shafts tom see how bad it will hit my bank account :(

182 with cup packs
Can only get them from Renault I think they do an exchange basis about £90-130 always a sore one

172 cup
Sounds like it could be a wheel bearing possibly? I had similar symptoms with mine and a wheel bearing sorted it out.

Mk3 clio 1.5
id say the wheel isnt balanced, try swapping front wheels with spares or back for front. atleast your eliminating that

clio 172 sport
already tried that,think il get bearing checked now see if its that thats away fearing the worst being the gearbox or diff ?? :(

1.6 Dynamique & 182
Possibly the wheel balance/tracking. My car did the same at 60mph and would get progressively worse as I increased speed. Once I changed the tyres and got the wheels balanced it was fine even at top speed.

clio 172 sport
finally after going over the car for ages we found the problem !!! :) warped disk on drivers side!! I never thought it would cause the vibration when not using the brakes but apparently it does,we tested brakes at mot station on the rollers and the left side was shaking and the right was smooth :) thats a new lesson for me :) ordered four new ebc grooved disks and pads :) cant wait til they come :)