ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration from brakes

My trusty lil 182 :)
I had Pagid Blues/Brembo Max's fitted about 2-3 months ago. Every now and again I get really bad vibrations through the steering wheel and brake pedal when drving normally, not using the brakes. A couple of a pushes on the brakes get rid of it. Seems to only happen at A-road/motorway speeds.

I also find the pedal feel is not consistent - seems to change each time i get in the car. Had a big scary moment the other day when I hit the brakes before a corner a reasonable speed and pedal was solid so brakes locked up instantly. Released and reapplied and they worked as normal.

Any ideas? Sure the two are related but know nothing about brakes to even start trying to solve the problems.

Evo 8 MR
Well I would start off with a visual inspection have a good look at the brakes and the surrounding area for any visible damage or something that doesn't look right.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Pads probably arn't seated right...Was about to say there warped...but not in 2-3 months...Unless you track it alot!!

My trusty lil 182 :)
Cheers guys. Other than i assume a consistent gap along the disc what else should i be looking at for checking whether they're seated right. Fitted by rentech so have no reason to assume they were fitted anything other than perfect, unfortunately they're along way away to get them checked!