ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very uneven rear tyre wear - help!

clio 182 cup
My rear tyres have both worn on the inner edges badly. I estimate 80% of the tyres surface has 2 mm left. The remaining 20% on the inner edges is now totally bald. Is this normal? Looking at the rear of the car there is clearly negative camber on each side. The ride height is standard.

clio 182 cup
My rear tyres have both worn on the inner edges badly. I estimate 80% of the tyres surface has 2 mm left. The remaining 20% on the inner edges is now totally bald. Is this normal? Looking at the rear of the car there is clearly negative camber on each side. The ride height is standard.
DSCN0384.JPG
DSCN0385.JPG

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Those tyres are total sh1te and most likely at fault. Toyos did the same on mine.. In fact they totally sh1t themselves on the front too...

Get a decent brand on and keep an eye on them...

CursedTitanium 182FF
Could be either bent rear arms or missing rear washers behind discs. When was the last time the rear discs/bearings were changed?
Best to get a four wheel alignment done and post a photo of the printout on here.

as dangerous dave has said those tyres aren't very good and are probably the problem. i'm going to take a geuss that they are avon zz3's, at the garage i used to work at i would always see zz3's wearing like that and alot of other cheap directional tyres.

clio 182 cup
The tyres are indeed Avon ZZ3's. What would be the tyre of choice?
I changed the rear discs/bearings & pads around 10/15k ago. What are the washers you refer to? However it came apart, it went back together. Is it easy to check?
Tyres are not cheap. I need to make sure this is fixed before I stick on a new set.
I am running Pirelli Pzero nero's on the front.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
The tyres are indeed Avon ZZ3's. What would be the tyre of choice?
I changed the rear discs/bearings & pads around 10/15k ago. What are the washers you refer to? However it came apart, it went back together. Is it easy to check?
Tyres are not cheap. I need to make sure this is fixed before I stick on a new set.
I am running Pirelli Pzero nero's on the front.

Fk me, I should have known, that and its sister tyre the cooper zeon are up there with the worst tyres ever made... Ling longs have a better rep

I have Cooper Zeons on my car (There when I bought it)
I wouldn't say they were anywhere near as bad as Linglongs, Wanli etc, but they are a hard compound so they are not brilliant either.

The Avon ZZ3's are a softer compound, and I have found them to grip ok, but when they do let go they do so very suddenly.

mk1 Octavia VRS
Could be either bent rear arms or missing rear washers behind discs. When was the last time the rear discs/bearings were changed?
Best to get a four wheel alignment done and post a photo of the printout on here.
I doubt misissing washers behind the discs would cause it as they don't affect the camber.

Maybe the previous owner fitted camber shims? Could just be the design of the tyres that has caused the uneven wear but I would still get the alignment checked before fitting new ones.