ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very Bent Cup

Saw a very, VERY bent cup, front and back, on the A40 west of London this AM.

Hope everybody is OK.

Anyone know who it was?

RenaultSport clio 18
More importantly he's ok and the car hwell eld up to the impact. It's available in glorious technicolour across on the renaultsport forum for all you rubberneckers!

MY04 Scooby STi
so thats what caused my mate to be 2 hours late for work this morning, he said the traffic was horrendous

ant

yep.
RIPclio.jpg

Ad

MK2 FRS
Yep, thats bad!! Looks like its nothin to do with the cups lack of abs more the vehicle behinds!!

ouch !!
my mates cup begins with that reg plate, i hope its not his ( i haven't heard any thing from my mates so i guess its not)

adtmits said:
Yep, thats bad!! Looks like its nothin to do with the cups lack of abs more the vehicle behinds!!
yep - I thought it was going to be the clio hitting something , not the other way round.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive seen a few HT53s round here to but here is Scotland so I doubt its anyone I know. The whiplash off that is gonna hurt like f**k, hope their ok and no long term damage has been done.

Renaultsport 220T
The front looks much the same.

Glad he escaped unhurt.

The fireball was most spectacular!!!

:eek:

mk1 172
He ought to get to see a Chiropractor post haste. If he wants to reduce his wiplash, and his pain!!

BMW 330d :)
Ive got a HT53 172 cup, there must have been quite a few pre reg examples from down south. Anyway thats one less on the list! The guy was lucky the back took that sort of impact, but he must have had one bad case of whiplash!

Fraser

Audi Q7, Avalanche
what actually happened? looking at the back it looks like hes hit a lamp post due to the narrow impact area, hence the wheels being ok as the post pushed into the back of the car. would make sense as the wheels look ok which surely wouldve been hit if the car behind went as far into the car as the damage suggests

Ad

MK2 FRS
I think oftent the narrow impact area comes for the car behind taking avoiding action hence the one corner imacts on centre.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Strange. i keep seeing a HT53 in telford all the time too.Popular plate
That cup looks a mess.

ian