ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VBD X-Low Subframes + Corbeau Clubsport Pictures

Clio 182 cup
Preparation works have begun to ready the car for some track day play.

I will admit that I am completely new to the Renault scene but becoming quickly addicted to the preparation works - my bank balance can also vouch for this!

Car is stripped awaiting roll cage installation by @markfishy - if anyone is considering the group buy please put your deposit down so I can get me cage!

Decided that the seats had to be changed so got some VBD X-Low subframes from @JON FOZ - great service & product Jon thank you!

Thought I would share some of the installation pictures of the subframes & Corbeau Clubsport seats (standard width - snug for me but narrow) in case anyone wanted some info for fitting a similar set-up.

Subframe mounted directly onto the chassis using hi-tensile bolts.

First seat in today, took a couple of hours but i am pleased with the initial ease of fixing and improved driving position.

I know that they are not FIA approved but great value and will be a good starting point when I have other costs to factor in at the moment.

Brakes next - thank you @George@RTR_Parts for the supply - will update soon.

Attachments

• DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    229.5 KB · Views: 754
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 830
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 939
  • DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    244.6 KB · Views: 923
  • DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 867
  • DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0017.JPG
    246.6 KB · Views: 733
  • DSC_0018.JPG
    DSC_0018.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 690
  • DSC_0019.JPG
    DSC_0019.JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 723

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Great pics and thanks for the feedback.

If you don't mind,I've saved those images to show others who struggle when fitting etc.

Look forward to your updates.

Jon

Clio 182 cup
Great pics and thanks for the feedback.

If you don't mind,I've saved those images to show others who struggle when fitting etc.

Look forward to your updates.

Jon
No problem Jon, I could not find any install pictures with your frames so hope this helps & feel free to use them.

Managed to get the seat / frame combo to fit without any alterations - very pleased.

Clio 182 cup
I've not driven the car with the sliders on yet but will remove them and fix the position if they are moving around.

Teg
Same seats and subframes as I've bought... Although mine aren't fitted yet and currently sitting in the garage. I'm off to Croft this weekend so won't have time to fit them but next weekend they should be in. Looking at your pictures I can't believe how much tar (or whatever it's called) there is.. Not looking forward to that job of removing that before I fit the seats.

Thanks @dann2707 for advice.. Sliders will be getting binned.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Same seats and subframes as I've bought... Although mine aren't fitted yet and currently sitting in the garage. I'm off to Croft this weekend so won't have time to fit them but next weekend they should be in. Looking at your pictures I can't believe how much tar (or whatever it's called) there is.. Not looking forward to that job of removing that before I fit the seats.

Thanks @dann2707 for advise.. Sliders will be getting binned.
Nice one dude. Sent a vid of mine to Trevor and he's instantly removing them haha.

Clio 182 cup
Thanks guys, think I may need some spacers to increase the height of the seat slightly buy at the car is up on ramps having brakes, starter motor and all sorts of other bits changed it hard to tell - either way round sliders going !

Clio 182 cup
@smith647 - yes going to be a interesting job removing the sound deadening material which is hard as nails - think the blowtorch might be needed for a bit of softening first.