ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Supercharger

A Grey Slab (Audi Estate)
Hows this (through a translation website, so might not be perfect)

Why the volumetric compressor (in English "supercharger") offers advantages regarding Turbo? It is the volumetric compressor that the turbocompressore, generates power increment forcing one denser aria/carburante mixture in the combustion chamber of the motor. The turbocompressori are set in action to you from exhaust gaseses and use a centrifugal compressor in order to pressurize the feeding culvert. Since the operation is bound to the energy produced from exhaust gaseses, I upset are relatively little efficient to the low regimes and in light cargo conditions, when that is the flow of exhaust gaseses is minimal. When the energy comes embezzled to the drainage, an increase of the "counterpressure" and the temperature is generated, that it stretches to make to diminish the theoretical power of the motor. Since a turbocompressore does not begin to produce pressure until when it does not come invested from a sufficient exhaust gases amount, the motors I upset have an answer delay (I upset Lag) when it is wanted to be accelerated from low regimes. You press the accelerator... e waited for. Compressori EATON are set in action to you to strap from the drive shaft directly. This means that the pressure will be available also when the accelerator will come opened wide to low regimes of turns. You press the accelerator and the answer will be instantaneous, and without the tremendous increase of temperatures in the motor, characteristic space of a motor I upset. The brace engine will come raised along all the operating arc of the motor, with the result of better performances to whichever speed and in every march. Technical characteristics and determine the proportions them of every single model of volumetric compressor available here! Some examples realize to you from we and our workshops

RB 182 Cup
cant remmeber was just browsing the net and came across it. almost quite literally.

only jokin

There no Uk supercharged valver or Williams as far as I know. There was one being made but it was still at the fitment stage last time I heard and it was beng sold on.
Theres a few turbo kits out with proven reliability so noone going to go do a supercharge route.

Mazda MX5 1.8
from what i know (not much) the stress on the engine from a supercharger is less as there is less of a boost surge and a more smooth power curve

tbh i dont know....... all i know is superchargers make a LOVELY noise! :)

ChrisE said:
What are the gains on a supercharger over a turbo?
Depends on a lot but there argued
Instant response plus theres no lag since they a constant load on the engne
More power right from the idle.
Easier to fit although thats a matter for debate.
Runs cooler than a turbo so not as much worry abou melting engine bits
can be mounted at the front of an engine so if space is an issue it won't to bad.