ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver and williams engine differences

i just bought a 1.816v. i must say the best car ive ever driven im wondering about the differences of the engine with the williams in apperance.

i read in max power that the valvers have a black dot on the dipstick and williams have a blue dot. mine has a blue dot are there any other ways of telling????

cheers for any help.

just look on the engine number tag should say F7R if willy, also my willy lump dip stick has a white dot

[Edited by madman1981 on 23 October 2004 at 11:42pm]

Trophy

Williams generally has a white dot on the dipstick, but this only relates to the size of the sump so some valvers also have a white marking.
As far as external differences go, they are very limited, the manifold is tubular instead of cast, the starter motor has a smaller body due to the extra webbing on the block and of course the engine number plaque has F7R stamped onto it.

Mat.