ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valve replacement. Jumped crank pulley

Hi guys,

Some help needed,
Long story short my lower belt cover was cracked and debris fell into the crank pulley area and caused the belt to jump or the pulley to slip.

I give 4 of the inlet valves a bit of a bend and I am replacing them all for supertechs i sourced for £260 delivered.(oem 309 from rpd)

Engine was in very good condition with 80k miles, i hope to reuse valve guides and tappets, will just be thoroughly cleaning the tappets and getting dirt expelled.

Id like to keep costs to a minimum, am I dreaming by thinking the stems can be reused?

Thanks

Josh

Kinda loathed to spend more than 600 for the whole rebuild, I bought the car for 1200 and have already spent in excess of 1200 on general maintenance and new b14s/semi slicks.. Plan od having a cheap track hack going quickly out the window..

340i
It will be impossible to tell the condition of the valves guides until you strip the head down.

After 80K miles I can guarantee they will be worn though.

IMG-20150620-WA0011_zpsgc9jox4f.jpg

Some photos .. Not the worst bent valve ive seen by any means, but never had any experience with these engines being an ex pug man.

So irritating that it has happened. Theres a first for everything!

It will be impossible to tell the condition of the valves guides until you strip the head down.

After 80K miles I can guarantee they will be worn though.

Usually when valves bend they take the guides too
ATTACH]
IMG-20150620-WA0014_zpsigowvjaa.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG-20150620-WA0014_zpsigowvjaa.jpg
    IMG-20150620-WA0014_zpsigowvjaa.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 30
get it ported seeing the head is off, I can happily do it for you including the build. I can also check the guides and it wil come fully built ready to bolt back on.

get it ported seeing the head is off, I can happily do it for you including the build. I can also check the guides and it wil come fully built ready to bolt back on.

Id like to do that for the car but it's really just an A>B and a bit if track use. I built a forged engine for my last car, I don't really want to head down that road with this car. Matched inlet would be the extent of it, its a late 172 with an rs manifold which is nice.

When I'm back friday I will have more time to inspect the head. The two worst valves still fell out of the guides, so I think have got away with it so far until I check the guides for being oval or cracked. They have only bent right at the bottom of the stems, pistons contacted inlet valves as they were closing of course.

A friend of mine is donating a low mileage head, only crap thing is it has no cam cover, so I can only salvage a few parts if needed

Thank you though

I sent you a pm bud. I think I need your help.

Hi there. A ported head is £350 all built up ready to bolt on and sent to your do for that price.
If it needs guides then that's extra. Soda blasting is £50 if wanted.

Would you be able to match the inlet too for a little extra? I should be able to send everything to you when my valves arrive from Germany. Excited as I've now seen your good work!
Hi there. A ported head is £350 all built up ready to bolt on and sent to your do for that price.
If it needs guides then that's extra. Soda blasting is £50 if wanted.