ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Value of LY and RB?

Hi im looking at buying a LY or a RB but what are they going for at the moment? ive found a few but the prices seem to be totally different for each one.

Thansk

TBH I don't see why anyone would pay extra for anything other than LY when the car was new when they had RB for free.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Liquid Yellow is so rare, I think something like only 70ish in the world for the 182, and it looks 10x better then any flat colour! But it was a £1200 option, that is a right pain should you ever need to respray a panel. If it hadn't have been for the mass produced R26 and R27 it would have a much larger appeal

If I had the choice of any of the Renault colours again, I'd still choose LY

Golf GT & A4 Avant
didn't you all feel a little cheated when Renault didn't give you a small refund or money off for buying RB???

The only way they look good is with white wheels and looking like they are ready for the track

If I were to have either colour i'd have to modify it (just wheels or something like that though)

Imo, the jdm wannabe boy above's RB 182 is one of the best on here, spot on mods imo:)

LY 182 wise, the car that had the KKZ 171 reg plate on it, is one of the best 182's on here imo:approve:

I would pay a touch more for an LY if I really wanted one in that colour, but i'd not pay a silly amount more for it.

Clio V6
I paid a premium for mine but I'm glad I did as I will probably never see another one due to their being only 30 or 40 of them. If I went back to Vee ownership I wouldn't be as bothered as they are so few no matter what colour you have.

I do like my mate at work's RB one but there are at least 2 others in Taunton so it looses it special feel.

LY V6 with Recaros
I love them both! LY is amazing in the sunlight though. I don't care if people think it's a girls colour, I am a girl so I can get away with it!

White clique
I like the LY better myself, but i am surprised they go for a lot more than the RB. OK they are much rarer, but i imagine thats because not many people haD the balls to order one in the first place. Nice to look at, but balls of steel to live with i think.

If one ended up at a general second hand used dealer who didnt know much about renaultsports and the rare colours etc, i cant se there being much of a price mark-up, if anything i suspect they'll be glad just to find a buyer for it. Only the enthusiasts will be willing to pay a premium i reckon.

172 /megane cab
If I were to have either colour i'd have to modify it (just wheels or something like that though)

Imo, the jdm wannabe boy above's RB 182 is one of the best on here, spot on mods imo:)

LY 182 wise, the car that had the KKZ 171 reg plate on it, is one of the best 182's on here imo:approve:

I would pay a touch more for an LY if I really wanted one in that colour, but i'd not pay a silly amount more for it.

jdm wannabe boy . cat you kill me lol

Having once owned RB, then selling for LY. I missed RB even thou I had LY. Luckily for me now I have RB back in my life :approve: