ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valuation opinions

clio 172
Hi all,

Im advertising in the for sale section and would like some advice on the valuation.

In short its a 2003 172,silver, full renault history, new cambelt only 24 thousand miles.

A real excellent example, ive got people offering two grand !

Any opinions welcome

Black 182 FF
I've just been looking for a 182 or 172 over the last month or so and I'd reckon for a private sale warren4 is about right.

If you look around you can get 182's with similar mileage on for the price you have it advertised for on here - but you sometimes have to be quick, or lucky (as I may have just been) and you may not get the colour you want.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I take it the car didn't meet the reserve on Ebay then?

I have been looking at 172's of late and I think what ever you can get you need to take. I was talking to someone who was trying to exchange his 172 for my Williams and was unhappy about the value I was willing to pay for his. In the end it ended up on Ebay going for £500 less than I offered.

Despite your cars low mileage it is never going to be worth £6k. Have a look on trader there are several up for £4.5 and probably going to get the sale cash for £4,200 imo maybe less if your not desperate to buy (buyers prospective) and choose cars which have been up for a while.

Look at these:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...el=CLIO&min_pr=&max_pr=5000&max_mileage=40000

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...el=CLIO&min_pr=&max_pr=5000&max_mileage=40000

Last edited:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I would say like warren 4.5 to 5k no less than 4.3k tbh,

Black 182 FF
Those are all dealers though, I honestly haven't seen anything above £5999 when looking at dealers and I thought that was extreme - the norm seems to be about £5500 for similar miles with them at the dealers and anything up to a grand less private.

My 182 for example has 27k on, is 54 plate with frsh, in excellent condition, but is black and after looking I wouldn't have given more than the £6k it was advertised for and ended up paying £5900. I would say that was a pretty standard price.

I got 5k trade in for my 04 182 ,cup packs, full sh 48000miles, I was happy with that. The prices vary wildly for similiar spec cars .I would have been happy with 6k for a private sale.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I got 5k trade in for my 04 182 ,cup packs, full sh 48000miles, I was happy with that. The prices vary wildly for similiar spec cars .I would have been happy with 6k for a private sale.

I presumed you traded up to the Megane? Always going to get a better price when spending more in a dealer though.

Netherless, getting 5k trade in imo is excellent - although you havent said when that was.

Hi all,

Im advertising in the for sale section and would like some advice on the valuation.

In short its a 2003 172,silver, full renault history, new cambelt only 24 thousand miles.

A real excellent example, ive got people offering two grand !

Any opinions welcome

why dont you use the search facility on autotrader...?

I presumed you traded up to the Megane? Always going to get a better price when spending more in a dealer though.

Netherless, getting 5k trade in imo is excellent - although you havent said when that was.
Picked up the Megane last saturday!, I was only expecting to get 4.5 k trade in.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I was at Auction today and watched two Black 182's make £3400 a piece.

Bad times.

20vt Fiat Coupe(182 Sold)
Happy motoring with new car. I woulda said around the 4.5k region aswell.

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
4 pound on here( dont really see a point to a sales secton on this site)

4.5-5k you should hope to get