ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valeo Alternator diode pack change. Alternator fitted.

Clio 182 cup
Hi, My alternator seems to be draining my battery. 0.4Amps while connected going down to 0.035Amps when disconnected. My question is this...Is it possible to change the alternator diode pack with the alternator fitted? Its on a 2005 182 with aircon... Thanks for any input.

Clio 182 cup

At the alternator or the wallpapering? :)
Is it such a mental idea? Not got the right tools to change the alternator.
Qutoted £308 from local Ren dealer to change it.
Going to have a look again tomorrow but think the aircon pipe is gona fook it up.

Clio 182 cup
Just had a look again......not going to happen, looks like the regulator/diode cover unbolts from inside the casing.:(

PH1 172
Ive just done mine and didnt use the tools, but if you knew someone with the tool then borrow it because its not a bad job to do.

Clio 182
My alternators not charging at all now, are they that bad to change? any useful tips out there? anyone got a spare?

SQ5
Done one in an hour with a mate.

We used a thin ratchet strap and a long bar to compress the tensioner spring, you can also do it with a decent jubilee. 90mm+ I believe.

Clio 182
Done one in an hour with a mate.

We used a thin ratchet strap and a long bar to compress the tensioner spring, you can also do it with a decent jubilee. 90mm+ I believe.
Mines a 182 with air con, do you still think an hour?

SQ5
Mine was a 172 with aircon. It's only a few bolts and then compressing the tensioner whilst you refit.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
tensioner tool

IMAG0440.jpg

Done

Clio 182 cup
Thanks for the pic of your tool........:eek:...now i've seen it and had a look at my old tensioner....had a look around the garage and think i might be able to do it with a modified houshold radiator key, modified 12mm ring spaner and a length of strong flattened piping......I know just get the 90mm clamp out and get on with it.

Clio 182 cup
Jubilee clip it was, just fitted the new alternator. Current drain with ignition off is now 37 milli amps. Now need to get a new clip/speed nut for the bumper and the bolts for the wings and slam panel the dealer didn't bother refitting last visit.

Clio 182 cup
I take it the mention of taking off the engine mount off is to give some space to move the tensioner tool? I hada go with the home made tool but couldn't get enough movement to slacken the belt. Job isnt too bad but i would say a bit longer than an hour.