ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Owners:Want to reach 300bhp??

Clio V6 Phase II
Hey people, i was just wondering if any of you V6 owners out there had reached 300bhp. If so, what mods have you gone for to reach this and where did you go to get them from? Im fairly new to the renault scene and cant seem to find many bits for the V6........Thanks in advance

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
About 10k

Motec, Cams, manifolds...Not worth it tbh!

Don't bother, buy a nice backbox, remap and IK...Total price under a grand.

Better than yours. C*nt.
What he said. No hope TBH!

Gutted that there's another Vee in Warwickshire though!!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
getting common now. Used to be the only one in Aberdeen "City" now theres about 4! Gutted!!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Nope. They get fragile because of the massive amounts of heat in it's cubbyhole with the exhaust next to it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Very untunable! That said, Mike's had a good deal of sucess with his Supercharger/T/C car. Also spent a fair wedge tho!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Yep, but didn't he cut holes in just about every panel rear of the B pillar to lose the heat?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I beleive so...I think that was the limitations to the Supercharger, hence going Turbo?!

Better than yours. C*nt.
I think either way just generates a massive amount of heat - only half of the heat issue is down to the method of getting the air in there, the rest of it is down to the amount of power you produce. I.E. the more power you want, the more fuel you burn, and the more heat is generated from it.

Better than yours. C*nt.
When I spoke to him yesterday he did mention it not having moved for a long, long time!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I think Fred was mainly waiting on a few parts to finish his, but guessing with him starting up his buissness its taken the backseat again.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
the vee isn't going to be the fastest car in the world...Imo. It's more about looks than performance. it's hardly slow. under 6seconds and capable of high 8's at the ring is nothing to be sniffed at.

Clio v6
300 bhp can be done, but take it to a real garage like SG Motorsport who knows the v6 very well.

Looks as if it Fred's will work just fine.
DSC_0049-3.jpg

Quite a few more in the Special Project Cars section on v6clio.net

Lionel Richie
that includes £2.5K's worth of labour/fabrication that wasn't done by me, and the worlds most expensive airbox ;)

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
I'm currently fiddling with mine but i'll only be hitting 300bhp with the help of nitrous. Im fitting a Trophy inlet manifold, fully bespoke decated manifolds, one off active exhaust system, after market managment to operte the pair of throttle bodies and better suited cams if I get a long list of over mods completed over the winter. Im hoping for around 270-280bhp. The later maybe being very optomistic. Anywhere over 300 bhp and the box starts to complain anyway.

As a side project, me and a friend are trying to mate a Civic Type R gearbox to an early v6 to sort this little issue out. If succesful, it will be a cheap and easy way to get hold of a much better box complete with various LSD options aswell as easy to find uprated clutches. Will also take shed loads more torque and bhp reliably.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
To be fair, the heat in the engine bay doesn't make the engine weeker in anyway. The rad for instance is situated at the front of the car and the collector pipe and silencer is behind the rear subframe and out of the engine bay so the engine has no excuse for running hot. When going anywhere over 40mph or so there is ample ammounts of air movement under the covers to keep a stock or tuned N/A engine comfortably in there. If the engine bay temp gets too high the side pod fans should kick on anyway.

RB 182
Ahh, interesting as it seems a bit of an air pocket, but then again that doesn't really differ from many of the front wheel drive engine bays

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Ahh, interesting as it seems a bit of an air pocket, but then again that doesn't really differ from many of the front wheel drive engine bays

Exactly. Im not saying its very cool in there but it certainly shouldnt cause any issues as its hardly an air cooled engine.