ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 getting ready to launch up the strip at Crail

Clio v6
If your not bothered about shooting up a silly old stip for some pathetic reason, then yes, you will love a V6.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Tis the fastest motorsport on Earth - the strip is the ultimate proof of acceleration and power. It isnt V6 territory

Clio v6
So as I say. If you're not fussed about proving anything by accelerating up a runway, then the V6 will deliver. If however you are into all that silly nonsense, then I suggest you get yourself over to Heathrow. :)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
MATT BLACK said:
Silly nonsense ?? wtf was the V6 built for then - track days ?? .......there crap at them as well !!!

Built for hairdressers..........

German Barge
some people need to realise why people own V6's...

i bought mine not for power (otherwise i would have a P1, Evo 7/8 for the same money!)

Its about WHAT THE CAR IS not what it does.

Its RWD, it looks lovely, it has loads of usable torque, it goes well, its smooth, and its mid engined.... but it will never be a japanese 600bhp skyline, but like i say..its not what the car is about... in my eyes its like owning a classic, no one else has one.

This is my opinion of course.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Any car that can do 60 in under 6 seconds to me is quick and then do over 150mph is quick.
Its never gonna be an evo or skyline but it looks lovely and has more road prescence than either

ian

just out of interest, whats the 0-100 on the mk1 vee.

edit - just listened to the sound clip & they sound great, I know some one who had one with a k tec induction kit & it sounded mint.

Clio v6
PERFORMANCE
0-60mph : 6.4 sec.
0-100mph : 17.10 sec.
0-Quarter-mile : 15.20 sec.

MK2

PERFORMANCE
0-60mph : 5.8 sec.
0-100mph : 15.20 sec.
0-Quarter-mile : 14.60 sec.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Any V6 engine with an exhaust sounds good ,even vectra's sound ok with the right set up.You cant go wrong...

ian

MKIII 138
ian 182 said:
Any car that can do 60 in under 6 seconds to me is quick and then do over 150mph is quick.
Its never gonna be an evo or skyline but it looks lovely and has more road prescence than either

ian

just to clarify the MKI does 6.3 to sixty which at its time of relaease was fast and imo still is fast a smidgen quicker than a 182 (only by .2 of a second lol)

the MKII is 5.8 officially but could be quicker still.

thats not slow at all to move 1410kg piece of metal from nothing with just two wheels at just over 10mph per 1 second

also 150mph is fast enough and midrange a 255bhp car once rolling will be mucho rapid as per the 147gta i played with oin my cup, upto 80 not much in it after that power torque creeps in until at 100 its 4 lenghs in front and by the time your at 100 thats at 115 and 6 lenghs etc.

handling ok so not s**t hot but grip must still be fairly massive and just needs a more point and squirt attitude to driving

R20GRC said:
i want a MK2, in a couple of years hopefully :)

if you're driving a 172/182, I can't see why you want a V6 in a couple of years ... ??
should try other cars with same sort of money ...
eg. Nissan 350z, Mitsubishi EVO 8 ..........
they are also around 15/16k after 1-2 years ...

Nippy white cup
Dash said:
PERFORMANCE

MK2

PERFORMANCE

This sounds faimiliar ;)...apart from the slower 1/4 mile time of course :rasp:

Chris

Nippy white cup
Dash said:
PERFORMANCE

MK2

PERFORMANCE

This sounds familiar ;)...apart from the slower 1/4 mile time of course :rasp:

Chris

German Barge
it's one of those cars you will get in and know within 10 mins if its the car for you...

i was after a impreza sti version 3 originally....

remembering i drove my close friends impreza type r running a 2.5 lump, and all sorts of tricks with 360 bhp, and 355ft/lbs running low 12's, by far the fastest car i have ever driven.

3 days later i drove the V6... and i knew i wanted it the second it drove in the car park... so... its all based on taste and what you want...

If you ever see a V6 driving up a road with lots of peds about you will realise that its an event in itself. I've seen a few about and the amount of people that stop and look is incredible, it has a presence that a Skyline/Evo/Scooby etc can never have, and all for about £15k these days.

Performance isn't everything (although its hardly shabby is it!), I'd imagine learning to drive one well and just loving it for what it is, is more than enough.

Clarkson put one in his top 10 garage of all time, and regardless of what you think of him you can't doubt his experience, he's driven virtually every performance car made worth mentioning, and in ideal conditions, yet he still loves the Vee.

'18 Megane dci
The V6 looks great and sounds super, I remember watching one up the strip at at Pod and not being 'very' impressed. They do get the folks looking though.

Tesla MP3 2021
i would love a vee.
tbh its just the raw looks of the thing....(epcially mkII imo)
and i will drool over 1 evertime i see it.and also it will be quick enough for me too last a good few years.

cant wait to own 1.:):)

MINI JCW
I do love the V6 but I do understand people arguements against it as it will struggle to beat a 182 up the strip and its twice the price.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
i wouldnt own a vee for its performance, just for the soundtrack and looks alone, after being taken out in wayne's vee, nothing sounds better

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
id love to have a vee mk2 next to my williams on the drive 2 cars i love would have to flip a coin for which to drive each day lol

Dash said:
PERFORMANCE

MK2

PERFORMANCE
Evo magazine managed 5.8 seconds for the mk1, but they do their own times. They had 5.8 for the 255 also.

ST
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
When you hear the noise you will!!!!

Aye i heard one goin along Argyle street in town a few weeks back, was off the hook, thats what changed my mind on the V6's, the sound is unreal for something that started out as a small French hatch!