ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 calipers

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
are these calipers 4 pots???would they fit a ph1 172?

current i have the wp pro 310mm brakes with bracket for standard caliper, discs need doing soon so am considering the calipers also

cheers

172 cup
How did u like the wp pro kit?

I had same kit on my cup. didnt think it was any better at all over standard brakes!

I wanted to stay with 310mm brakes, mainly for looks, but now have yozzasport brembo 280mm hc disks with ferodo ds2500 pads. Much better!

Tim

my car had them when i bought it, it was running standard pads at the time, then i changed for greenstuff and it was much much better

however, im getting a vibration through the brake pedal and i can see that the brake discs are wearing very unevenly on the surface so that may be the cause

172 cup
I put greenstuff pads on mine when the original wp pro pads wore out. Didnt find them a lot better tbh.

Also had very uneven wear on the disks as you said.

I'm sure the v6 callipers are 4pots, but from previous threads dont think they will fit a 172.

They could be made to fit.

They arn't idea not sure on piston size I'd bet its complety wrong for stock master clyinder.

They are 4 pots yes, ap infact (although they aren't branded, ap is on the back of the calipers though) the front brakes on a mk1 have 330mm discs.

can the v6 discs and calipers both be made to work in conjuction with one another on the 172, im guessing a bracket will need to be made??

im after discs that at at least 300mm so they dont look small behind my 17'' superleggra's, i dont mind swaying away from the wp pro stuff if needs be!

172 cup
I was thinking about this myself a few months ago.

I saw a few sets sold by breakers on ebay, fairly cheap. But decided it was too much hassle.