ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 airbox with ITG panel filter for 182.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I ran one for a couple of months and the filter surface area on the v6/172 ph1 airbox filter is larger. There is a difference but maybe only a few bhp in it in comparision to standard setup. Slightly better response to but that could be placebo...

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
sort of, the v6 arbox has one airfeed, while the 172 ph1 has 2 samller airfeeds. Airbox size and airfliter are the same...

Clio 172
As above really.....

I have just swapped my ph2 airbox for a ph1 & it sounds much better but you ain't gonna feel any gains from it.

Qashcow
i had a pipercross viper induction kit on my 172. made 174bhp. then swapped it for a V6 airbox with ITG panel and matched inlets, re-did the pipe work into the filter and made 192bhp. the matched inlets dont make 18bhp thats for sure....

same rollers too

RS RIP
When i went for the RR session to map/suit my cams i had on the v6 box. AFTER i have tried the phase 1 box , and i can say it did'nt work as good for mine at that point. Probably because the car was mapped with the v6 box.

All i want to say is that when the car is mapped to suit ; do'nt change the concept. Mine works best with the v6 box because of the cams + inlets + custom map.

When you have a Simota Carbon Aero (which performed pure s**t on mine) but it is mapped to suit, it will perform.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Any ideas where i can pick one up? I doubt salvage yards have many V6's..

Its an old renault espace, they will be dotted about in many scrap yard, my local had 5 last time i looked.

As for the ph1 box i fitted a pipercross panel to mine and took off the air feeds, its louder than my old open k and n :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I found my V6 airbox on an espace that was about to be scrapped, cleaned it up and looked like new. Sound wise is not noticeable at low revs and normal driving. full throttle and you can really hear it breathing deeply. Performance wise your never going to notice any gain from just an airfilter, but throttle response does seem a little quicker but maybe thats the affect the extra noise makes you think

Hmm, so the sound is noticeable and power doesnt seem to improve?

Could there be a power loss..!?

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
No power loss mate! Gained 10 bhp and 5 1/2 ft/lb over my old bmc cda with the espace v6 airbox and 105mm cold air feed. (i have battery relocated to boot and 45 degree elbow)

Heres my setup:

IMG_0128.jpg

This is the rolling road data comparing the bmc cda vs the V6 airbox itg filter and 105mm caf.
DSC00866.jpg

Qashcow
im with quade on this one, definaltly extra noise but i also gained power from it over the pipercross viper. assuming the matched inlets gave me 10bhp, the v6 airbox and samco 90' bend gave me 8bhp

DSC00466.gif

Clio Sport 172 ph1
Quade, seems You are the man I can talk to :) Measured on the same type of RR
What other mods there mate ? Talk to me :)

Heres my list of mods:

Prospeed Exhaust
Prospeed Decat
V6 airbox
ITG panel filter
105 mm cold air feed
45 degree inlet elbow
Headtune.co.uk ported throttle body
Angelworks matched inlets
PTFE inlet manifold gasket
PTFE plenum to inlet gasket
Magnecor Ignition leads
AWT/ RS Tuning remap (not the rs tuner)
Ran on tescos 99 fuel.

Hope that helps!:approve:

im with quade on this one, definaltly extra noise but i also gained power from it over the pipercross viper. assuming the matched inlets gave me 10bhp, the v6 airbox and samco 90' bend gave me 8bhp

DSC00466.gif
Engine bay looks good dave. Just finished stripping all the interior in the cup. LOVE IT!:cool:

Clio Sport 172 ph1
Heres my list of mods:

Prospeed Exhaust
Prospeed Decat
V6 airbox
ITG panel filter
105 mm cold air feed
45 degree inlet elbow
Magnecor Ignition leads
Ran on tescos 99 fuel.

Custom Exhaust - check
In one center piece Decat - check
V6 airbox - to do...
Green panel filter - check
105 mm cold air feed - to do...
45 degree inlet elbow - to do..
Headtune.co.uk ported throttle body - check
Self made matched inlets - check (must work on thet further)
PTFE inlet manifold gasket - to do
PTFE plenum to inlet gasket - to do
Magnecor Ignition leads - to do
RS Tuner custom remap (tu run 421 CatCams) - check

Seems like I have some work to do before I'll see the big picture :)

V6 Box goes next - definitely

Qashcow
forgot how old that pic was lol

this is now. good man, i need to ask you about the rear FK's. with nothing in the back of my car, the rattle like f**k but when there is some weight in there its ok. might have to check ur fitting at some point

2009_02_14_0216.jpg

forgot how old that pic was lol

this is now. good man, i need to ask you about the rear FK's. with nothing in the back of my car, the rattle like f**k but when there is some weight in there its ok. might have to check ur fitting at some point

2009_02_14_0216.jpg

No problem mate pop round anytime. I think having the battery in the boot helps with the rear end not going to high after removing all the weight. Engine bay cleaning is one of the next things to do to mine.

RenaultSport clio 182
Hey guys,
first I wanna thank you all for this GREAT forums that I'm learning from day by day, saving me money :D , because I had a lot of ideas for my 182 and you guys just posted your experiences here with those mods, so I didn't bother doing them :D

Second, I live in a really hot country (Bahrain), it's in the arabian gulf (Persian gulf) near saudi arabia, the temprature here in the summer is close to 50 C :) and in the winter it will be around 10-15 C so I'm thinking of copying bomber setup, V6 Airbox with 100mm CAF down to where the accoustic valve sets, I will paint the inlets too :p I liked them

So, any1 can recommend me a place to buy a V6 airbox + Panel filter + Samco bend+ 100 mm CAF ????

Last question, if I painted the inlets in black will it increase the intake temprature ? Basic science says Black attract heat more than other colors ?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Renault dealership may be able to get you one mate, part number is on here somewhere if you have a search :)

Car looks good!

RenaultSport clio 182
Yeah i've checked with them, it will cost me around 116 pounds !!

I think if i order it from UK it will be much much cheaper.

cheers

clio 182 @ 179.5bhp
Heres my list of mods:

Prospeed Exhaust
Prospeed Decat
V6 airbox
ITG panel filter
105 mm cold air feed
45 degree inlet elbow
Magnecor Ignition leads
Ran on tescos 99 fuel.

Hi, so your car made 216bhp on Pauls rollers at RS Tuning with the mods listed?

Qashcow
black will be a million times better than a polished inlet which loads of people do. the air is going through them so fast that i cant see it making much difference anyway, especially at 30+ degrees all the time.

you want to get an ITG filter for the v6 airbox, i got that from a place called merlin motorsport. top guys in there and im sure would send to dubai.

see what renault uk can do, if not, get someone here to buy it and send it over?

Qashcow
do you mean mine? its got a much larger intake area, but bare in mind i also had other work done to the intake set up at the same time. im not saying i got 8bhp just with the airbox.

also, the viper pipercross i had on there first was s**t lol

Black Gold Trophy
Last question, if I painted the inlets in black will it increase the intake temprature ? Basic science says Black attract heat more than other colors ?

No, this is rubbish!
Black does not attract heat!

When UV light is directed at a black surface it will absorb more light rather than reflect it, therefore it gets hotter.
However various "tuning" companies will have you believe garbage like "our air filter reflects more heat rather than absorbing it"... if the bonnet is closed, nothing inside the bay can absorb UV light.
In the engine bay you want the inlet system to be well insulated to avoid conducting any heat from the engine/exhaust.

Sorry for the essay!

172 Race Car
I can't see how a V6 airbox will make 8 bhp over a phase 1 item?!
Improvement over a Piercroiss viper.

It was probably less coz he was assuming he gained 10bhp from the inlets. But phase 1's are well known to have the worst inlets of the lot so it could be more of a gain from that and less from the airfilter

Viper is well s**t tho

Golf GTD Mk7
might look into doing this myself soon. Is the v6 box found on any old v6 renault? or just the espase?

Golf GTD Mk7
ah ok thanks. i'll either look for that or might rob my mates ph-quick box (sure he won't notice :)). presume the itg filter is the same for both?