ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 255 Boot?

Renault Clio 172 Sport
All,

Ive just landed a new job which provides a car allowance, now i dont currently have a car and have always wanted a 255 V6. However I would like to know how big the boot is (or in this case under bonet)?

Any advice on how much you can fit in there is appreciated, also what are they like on long journeys?

Clio
Room is ok for an overnight bag but a few things to remember:
1) its not watertight.
2) It gets rather warm
3) There is a 20Kg weight limit I think (someone else will probably correct me)
4) I've had my football kit in there for over a week and the car doesn't smell inside!!:)

172 cup (again)
About enough space for a rucksack!!

My old MK1 V6 had a weight limit on storage in the plastic tray which i think was around 20kg (correct me if im wrong)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Weight limit is 30kg for the front luggage tray under the bonnet. And it gets wet if it rains.

clio19.jpg

The boot in the back is awesomely comedy -

dansboot.jpg

Best luggage space is behind the seats - little parcel shelf about, ooo maybe a foot wide, with a luggage net :) Can get quite a bit behind there!

As a work tool it makes little sense heh 22mpg, mental Co2 (267) :). But who buys a Vee with sense in mind ;)

Dan

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Thanks guys, obviously not a good idea then!... As much as I want one its just not practical at prsent.. cack.

I just put my shopping in the passenger side footwell lol.

The section behind the seats isn't too bad, I usually put my jacket & gym bag on it.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
You've just got to think out of the box ... literally ;)

Ikea-1.jpg

Ikea-2.jpg

I've had several late night blasts up to IKEA Croydon to get stuff for the missus. Takes a bit of planning ahead to make sure the dimensions work, but between the front seat, the front boot, and the shelf behind the seats, you'd be amazed what I cram in!

In normal service, my car is full up with my exploring stuff. Rear boot holds trainers, rucksack with numerous torches, gloves, P3 rated mask, first aid box, coat, plus the obligatory electric pump in case of punctures. Front boot holds clothes, hard hat, hi-vis. Knack to the front is to use one of the good old IKEA blue bags as a liner.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I fear putting things anywhere inside the interior cos I'm really sad and I am scared of scratching or marking anything hehe :D

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Yea I just realised that people will now think I'm some kinda batty who carries around spare shoes heh...

Dan

Mk2 V6, MK1 Track Sl#g
Ringtrip043.gif

my vee is unofficially forsale mate, only from middlesbrough too, are you going to meet at end of month?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

Do you mean the warm Heineken?

If so the radiator gets the tray warm when the car gets hot. I use it to keep my towel warm when I take the car to football in the winter.

I have been known to put gloves and fleece under the outermost engine cover on top of the inner :) Gets them nicely baked :)

Dan