ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V16DAF's Cup - RS2'd/B14/Wilwood/2118

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Looking good Daf.. What bottom mount are you looking at using for the alt. are you going for the volvo item?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Also got some parts for the conversion from ebay -

$T2eC16NHJFoE9nh6nPzEBQ!ci4uy3g~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqN,!lcFJ(yGK7sSBS(SfZFeHQ~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqVHJBkFI2gPhdprBSRdULY6d!~~60_12.jpg

Under £140 for all them bits. Cheap conversion :cool:

Also put my old rack in the vice, used some mole grips as steering and the knock could be heard inside. My predictions were correct

I've only just seen your thread mate, I love the car it looks great & youve made some great additions :cool:

You'll love the epas conversion, I've drove my mates ph1 with it on & loved it, looking into doing it on mine, but I'll have to use different brackets.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I've only just seen your thread mate, I love the car it looks great & youve made some great additions :cool:

You'll love the epas conversion, I've drove my mates ph1 with it on & loved it, looking into doing it on mine, but I'll have to use different brackets.

Cheers Craig,

I'd love to have your engine though ;)

Hopefully I'll get it finished this weekend coming. So much more room around the engine bay now.ph1 Subframe slightly different?

Sorry I didn't get chance to PM you back at the weekend mate, looks like you've got it all sorted though and for a good price!

You'll love the EPAS conversion - it's one of my absolute favourite mods behind the PMS shifter kit lol

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Sorry I didn't get chance to PM you back at the weekend mate, looks like you've got it all sorted though and for a good price!

You'll love the EPAS conversion - it's one of my absolute favourite mods behind the PMS shifter kit lol

I'm looking forward to getting it back on the road all fitted. Your thread and the guide has helped me a lot. So a lot of credit to you guys

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
does this car even have much more that can be done to it? lol it looks really good though daf o

also daf did you order the quick fitment hooks for your harnesses to fit onto eye bolts? if so where did you get them from?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
does this car even have much more that can be done to it? lol it looks really good though daf o

also daf did you order the quick fitment hooks for your harnesses to fit onto eye bolts? if so where did you get them from?

It's getting there ;) I had mine supplied with the harnesses when I bought them Dan?

Cup In bits

If your looking for d-clip fixings then sabelt will supply them for a few pound each and you might need the lock bars too if your converting from bolt type.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Got the steering rack and column fitted over the weekend. Also installed the adjusting knob for the EPAS just behing the gearstick, so I can adjust while being strapped in. Just need to finish the wiring now, managed to pop into maplins this morning, so I'll get the car finished by tonight hopefully.

I've ran an old amp wire I had from the terminal under the bonnet for power. Didn't want to run it direct to the battery, I don't want wires running everywhere inside the dash.

DSC_0172_zps9aef145d.jpg

DSC_0171_zpsabba59cc.jpg

DSC_0170_zpsc2423d71.jpg

DSC_0169_zps69e5d83e.jpg

DSC_0167_zps41901f48.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Still getting an issue with getting the EPAS to power on. Got a new column and ECU that has only covered 33k.

I'm working through it slowly with the guy that sold the wiring kit. He is helping me find the solution.

Got the car set up in Blink today as well. Top guy.

me7unu6u.jpg

vysedube.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Lack of updates on my thread has been poor!

Since the last update I have fixed the EPAS issue and it now works fine. Brilliant on track, you can adjust it how you like - 100% a better feel.

I have also fitted the roll centre / bump steer correcting hubs over the winter - which are brilliant I must say. Car feels transformed, a good investment if your looking to corner quicker.

Also fitted a pure motorsport exhaust - the un-silenced one and I'm chuffed with it.

Did a trackday last week in Anglesey - vid below

[video]http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?577447-V16DAF-s-Cup-RS2-d-B14-Wilwood-2118&highlight=v16daf%27s[/video]

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Looking and sounding good daf! How many miles has it done now?

Think it's on 84,000 now. Not doing a lot of mileage in it as I only use it on trackdays now. Picked this up tonight as the 306's replacement
asu5u7e3.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Lack of updates on this thread! Ha!
Currently setting up a sale thread, time to move on I think! It will be a very sad day when it goes

Current speck of the car....

Car
Clio 172 CUP
HT53 RKF
Mileage – 86k
Belts changed – Spring 2016 at Birchdown

Engine & Gearbox
RS2 intake manifold in a red and blue colour scheme
Magnecor ignition leads in Blue
Red VHT painted rocker cover
Mocal oil catch tank
Uprated KTR engine and gearbox mounts