ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using a 3gs as a dongle on giff gaff?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I currently use a dongle for mobile internet on my laptop, but I believe if I get my old 3gs unlocked and stuck on giff gaff (unlimited data 10 quid a month so way cheaper than my current dongle) I should be able to use it as a hotspot via usb? Is that correct?

I know I can use it as a wifi hotspot unless I jailbreak it as thats only 4 onwards, but I dont mind using a usb cable anyway so thats not a drama.

Does giff gaff allow this sort of use? or is their "unlimited data" only for on the phone itself not running a laptop, Ive not had one of their sims before so would be interested to hear how others have got on if they have done similar?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give :)

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Was literally just in the process of posting a lmgtfy link.. :p

As it turns out you're allowed to do it on the "Gigabag" package but as far as I'm aware that's not unlimited!

Also it looks like you need to jailbreak your iPhone to do it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah the gigabag is 12.50 for 3 gig, almost the same as my current dongle at 15 quid for 3 gig, so not really worth the effort.

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Nope not really!

Not really looked into GiffGaff before, some interesting deals on there. Whats the coverage like?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So you want to know who the underyling provider is for giffgaff so you can see what coverage is like?

let me google that for you...

Its O2 mate.