ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT HELP NEEDED!!

S'trollin on size 7s
RIght guys abit baffled here and in need of help. Gf bought a 1.2 clio the other day. All has been fine upto now!
But just been outside and the car wont start.
Doesn't even slightly turn over or attempt to start. She had the battery tested the other day and it read as healthy .I've just had the starter pack on it and that didnt get it going.
only thing im wondering is, there is a high pitch (possibly electrical) screech coming from the back of the engine block when the key is turned. could this possibly be an immobiliser issue? Ive heard of dodgy immobilisers on these models!
Any help will be appreciated. shes now stuck about 10miles from home.

Does the imobiliser light go out when the ignition is on? My battery died on me the other night, had been fine then after being parked for an hour and half had completely died, I put a new battery on and its fine.

Think that means the imobiliser is working correctly. Do you know how old the battery is? mine had the original battery on, 8 years old. Id only had my clio 4 days when it failed.

SQ5
Sounds like immobiliser is working as it should. Sounds like starter motor is trying to turn. Try bumping it.

Someone pushes while someone inside with key turned all the way on.

They need to be in second gear with clutch down.

Gain some speed and let clutch off.

If starter fault it'll start after bumping it!

S'trollin on size 7s
Lol i know how to bump a car mate. but thanks ill have to try that then.but yeah like i said she had the battery tested only a few days back and it read as perfectly healthy.so if it bumps chances are its the starter motor? What about possibility of the alternator not charging the battery propperly?
Cheers guys