ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent! Help! Locked out of car

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
hi i will be quick! just had my car up on axle stands this morning to try and find where exhaust was blowing and i turned my engine on and shut the door. I wanted to turn the engine off and I went to open the doors and they were locked. I had a wander around the car and noticed one of my front wheels were free-wheeling (thus activating the RAID)!!

I cant get into my house as the keys are in the ignition and I cant turn the engine off! How can I get into it without breaking windows!

I tried bonnet release but wont work :dapprove:

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Aa rac? They shove a airbag between the roof and door, inflate it and get into the interior handle and open the door.

n2x

e60/f10
Smash the glass, take it on the chin. Do you have a second set of keys in the house? Then call yo momma and get her to open the house, get the keys, done.

S4 Avant
I've done this before. It's annoying, try pulling away the top of the door frame and use some long sturdy wire to reach inside and push either of the window switches on the drivers door card.

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Thanks for the help! Will keep it in mind next time I do it (which hopefully is never)

i remembered that my bedroom window was slightly ajar so i climbed the garden fence then climbed up a waste pipe and crawled into my room through window. proper colditz style but in reverse! I thought the pipe was gonna give way at some point but luckily im only 9.5 stone.

finally got into car and turned engine off after 1 hour. Poor clio on idle for that long :(

Why does the wheel free-wheel? Is it just the momentum?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Always leave your drivers side window open if you are leaving your keys in the ignition while working on it.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Thanks for the help! Will keep it in mind next time I do it (which hopefully is never)

i remembered that my bedroom window was slightly ajar so i climbed the garden fence then climbed up a waste pipe and crawled into my room through window. proper colditz style but in reverse! I thought the pipe was gonna give way at some point but luckily im only 9.5 stone.

finally got into car and turned engine off after 1 hour. Poor clio on idle for that long :(

Why does the wheel free-wheel? Is it just the momentum?

I wish i was that light lol