ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UR Clio 200 Pre-Summer Detail/Refresh. Pics.

AG 200 cup
Which plate is your car? No warranty?

59 plate 4 months out of warranty, should have got and extended one, cars only done 24k aswell. Will see what percentage I can get if Renault but I was told I won't be left with a massive bill.

ST
59 plate 4 months out of warranty, should have got and extended one, cars only done 24k aswell. Will see what percentage I can get if Renault but I was told I won't be left with a massive bill.

Christ, that's heavy mate.

The one I've bought is a 60 plate, reg'd sept 10', on 26k, tho it's got the remainder of the Reno warranty then I've got an extended one.

Clio MK 4
can't get over how perfect this is. HID's will finish it off nicely. Any other plans after this or is that the mods done?

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
everytime you post a thread i go looking at 200s. Just with the spacer and the ride height looks epic esp from the back so fat!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I have literally now idea how people on here can say spacers are s**t. They're awesome, and I bet 99% of drivers on here can't tell the difference when driving with/without them.

Even the Clio Cup racers use them iirc, not quite as big as 25mm as they have better offset wheels but still use them none the less.

Why do I have a niggling thought that a black roof would look good? :eek:

It'd look good for literally a minute. Then gloss black vinyl gets horrifically swirly.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's a GT Spoiler. Factory option that not many people spec. Much better than the horrific chav wing that is the Cup spoiler.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I have literally now idea how people on here can say spacers are s**t. They're awesome, and I bet 99% of drivers on here can't tell the difference when driving with/without them.

Even the Clio Cup racers use them iirc, not quite as big as 25mm as they have better offset wheels but still use them none the less.

Yup, Clio Cup cars use them too. 20mm and the Cup wheels are half an inch wider and magnesium.

No one one here could tell the difference. I couldn't. Zero.

The ride is slightly harder on the H&R springs though, I'll give you that. Only noticeable around town though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I didn't spec a spoiler because I wanted a Sprint. Then I saw the quality of one up close.

Plus, it's red and plastic. It'll never match 100%.

Suzuki Jimny
It's painted better than the original paint on the car.

Anyway, I would have gone for a gt spoiler if I ordered sooner.

Suzuki Jimny
Was too late in ordering, they stopped production so I had to pick out one from pre-built cars.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

It'd look good for literally a minute. Then gloss black vinyl gets horrifically swirly.

Wrong boyo.

I had them and they are full of fail imo. I ran 16mm hub centric eibachs, coupled with H&R coilies. Ran it non spaced for a good 12 months before I decided to try them. For me they had a detrimental effect to how it behaved. Lost its pointyness, tramlined more, and the worse bit was how it felt from high speed braking. Lost all confidence in it. Persevered for a week, then binned them off on ebay.

Go > show

;)

320d
You've had it painted already? Mentalist.

Best way to keep on top of it though I guess. It looks stunning as always.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
People comparing spacers on a cup race car, to a road car. The difference is; a track is smooth, doesn't rise in the middle, and no pot holes.

Spacers are always a bad idea on a road car

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sweeping generalisations are awesome.

I'd much rather have it look 100% better than have it 5% better on the absolute limit. It really is 5% too.

Mental.