ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upper Engine Mount Guide

Kawasaki ER6N
Looking for a guide to change this I have done the gearbox and dogbone one this is the only one left.

Had a search but couldnt find anything.

172 ph1
It's really easy. Just need to support the engine carefully with a floorjack and some wood between the jack and sump. Then you just remove the main nut holding down the engine, remove the 4 nuts holding down the mount, and replace.

Kawasaki ER6N
Ok I figured that was what was needed.

I currently just have a big washer forcing the mount forwards as I keep getting a clunk.

Passat
Bit late on this thread but hey.

Prople keep saying you support the engine with the jack and wood on the sump...but how do you actually remove the mount? Is it safe to just keep winding the jack until the engine completely clears the upper mount so it can just slide out?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Bit late on this thread but hey.

Prople keep saying you support the engine with the jack and wood on the sump...but how do you actually remove the mount? Is it safe to just keep winding the jack until the engine completely clears the upper mount so it can just slide out?

No. Take the weight off the mount by jacking it up then remove the upper part of the mount that is bolted to the engine. Once this has been removed you can remove the actual mount bolted to the chassis. Put the new one on and then assemble in reverse.

Passat
Cheers.

When I turn my engine off there is a slight tapping coming from the upper mount and it does seem to be leaning back a bit. Am I right in thinking I need a new mount?