ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading Audio

182 Cup
Morning,

I recently picked up my first Clio , an Inferno 182 Cup and the audio is a bit dire, which is to be expected considering its supposedly worse than the standard and ff versions.

Is it just the headunit that sucks in the cup, or is it the speakers too? Would I just get away with replacing the headunit?

So, I basically want fairly decent quality without spending a fortune, and preferably without buggering about with an amp. I'd also like to keep the little screen at the top of the dash working and the steering controls too.

Any reccomendations on a headunit for around £120?

Cheers
bright

You are looking at £100 alone to retain dash display before you even look at a stereo and if you want that you leave yourself at the top 2 alpines only

182 Cup
Okay, so ignoring the display.

Is it the headunit thats carp on the cup, or the speakers, or both?

Both arent great but headunit is always the best place to start. No good having good speakers if you are providing them with poor quality audio.

182 Cup
Right, so any reccomendations for £120 region? Not including the adaptor, will get that too. Also which adaptor will I need?is there one specifically for the 182 or are they all similar(for the stall controlls) cheers

ITB BG 182
Personally bud, I would be recommending a Pioneer 8300SD range, as it will take an SD card, CD and any usb device plus it gives out a strong enough signal/power for the speakers.
I got mine for £110 from CarAudioDirect.co.uk (or .com ?)
Speaker wise, Focal for hands down winning, even their entry level range will work with massive responce from a std headunit never mind an after market one and even better still when you amp it.
Entry level at 5.25" you looking around the £80 area or go for comps upto £120.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
For £120 you can get one of the slightly older Sony bluetooth stereos, I have a MEX-BT3600U and the sound's a lot better, without even replacing the speakers.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
No need to replace the speakers.

Decent HU - Alpine etc.

Sub in the boot. Cut the LFq to the front speakers and they'll come to life !

Billions of threads about it already :eek:

M3 SMG
I have the loom for the steering wheel controls.

Sold my Clio and its going spare so if you want it I'll do it for £15 delivered?