ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrades.. What to do first?

Clio 172 Cup
Hey guys, ive had the 172 for over a week now and I think its time I started modding some things. Ive decided to stick with standard suspension so bought new genuine rear shocks. I want to get the best out of the car handling and braking wise before I move onto engine mods. I hear the whiteline ARB is meant to be a good upgrade, so that's on my list.

Anything else worth considering? What brake pads/discs are people running for road and track use? Also anyone run R888 tyres?

Any help is appreciated. :D

M2 Comp
I'd renew the suspension components personally. They handle great in standard form, but with age/use some of the parts wear and don't perform as well as they should.

As for brakes- Brembo HC discs, DS2500 pads, braided lines and ATE Super Blue DOT 4 fluid would be my choice.

182 ff
hi, am a new owner(well over a year)I have learnt abit.
I had to change suspension(knacked)
I got standard dampers/ebach springs /new standard mounts
standard dics and pads with goodridge hoses
few days ago I got ad 08 yoko and a powerflex dog bone.

they are amazing, vibrates abit more but makes the car feel so tight(you wouldnt think changing a bush could do so much)

the throttle response is instance(before it was like a clink)
I have only driven a clio 182 cup with yellow lowered springs on, to compare.

but mine is brilliant ,better than any mini cooper s I have driven,the brakes are great too.

Hey guys, ive had the 172 for over a week now and I think its time I started modding some things. Ive decided to stick with standard suspension so bought new genuine rear shocks. I want to get the best out of the car handling and braking wise before I move onto engine mods. I hear the whiteline ARB is meant to be a good upgrade, so that's on my list.

Anything else worth considering? What brake pads/discs are people running for road and track use? Also anyone run R888 tyres?

Any help is appreciated. :D

LY FF182
Are the camber shims worth doing?

Only for track really.

Refresh all the bushes and ball joints in the suspension first.. Eibach or cook sport springs, PMS strut brace and solid top mounts, camber bolts, decent tyres and a decent alignment set up