ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Updating to iOS8 problems.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I may be being stupid here but the warehouse guys downstairs want their phones updated to iOS8 - Because it uses so much more memory (they don't have) doing it wirelessly as opposed to connected to iTunes, I'm sending them up one by one and updating via my desktop.

I have managed to do 3 so far. 1 iPhone 5 and 2 iPhone 4's, however.. I am doing another colleagues 4 now and when I'm connecting to iTunes it's only giving me the options of;

Set up from backup (everyone elses back ups are listed)
Set up as a new iPhone

It's not allowing me to update.

Any ideas? Boggling me!

Cheers,

Lee

I have had this before and its just because the phone was never plugged in to iTunes at all in its life. I literally pressed set up as new phone and that was it, it went over to the summary page and the phone was the same. (don't 100% quote me on that but i've seen it a few times and this is what has happened)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I have had this before and its just because the phone was never plugged in to iTunes at all in its life. I literally pressed set up as new phone and that was it, it went over to the summary page and the phone was the same. (don't 100% quote me on that but i've seen it a few times and this is what has happened)
You're a star, mate.

I set up as new iPhone - it started to sync all my stuff on to it so pulled cable very quickly. Plugged it back in and it gave me the summary page instead. It has renamed the iPhone to "Lee iPhone" but that's not a bother! Cheers brother.