ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UPDATED - The End Might Be Nigh...

well, as some of you may know, or have noticed, ive been crashed into 4 times over the past year or so, none my fault. The clios been through two new rear bumpers, a new boot floor, boot lids, allsorts.........when around 3 months ago i got hit by a parcel force van, that drove off, then wouldnt admit he ever did it, great :)

so i had a massive hole in the rear bumper, dented boot lid etc...

DSC_0241-1.gif

it got left and left until i found new parts, and needed to get them painted....thats another story anyway.....it ended up taking 2months and a week to get them sprayed for various reasons, and i got called today to tell me they were ready, great i thought....i was going for a freshly painted bumper, a set of painted door handles and my front sections of the sidestrips re-done........i was glad because the car was going to be back how it was.

so i drove to leeds, checked the work, all was good so i came home with my bits........ get home to find out the side strips, handles and bumper are no were near matching the color of my car..................to be fair, the work is top notch, an excellent finish to the paint, but its the wrong color :( Whilst doing the work, we confirmed the color code many times, J47.

i didnt check the paint against the car in leeds as it was pissing down, going dark and it looked mint inside the bodyshop so i was happy. Upon closer inspection its not what it seems :(

the bumper:

DSC_0281.jpg

DSC_0282.jpg

DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

the handles (absolutely great finish, but wrong color!)

DSC_0280.jpg

and to show you the actual color difference..............Middo's 16v badges match the car perfectly..........

DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0276.jpg

now, even though the work is good, its completely wrong........i tried to phone up but they had gone home i think, no answer.....and to be honest, i cant justify going to leeds and back twice to take them back to be re-done, thats like £40+ in fuel..............

Its just turning into a disaster this car, its been in 'repair' so to speak for more than 50% of the time ive had it, and its just costing too much to keep in good condition, and get things right on it................

after the last big crash i was 90% selling up, now its closer to 99%, as to be honest ive had enough of all the fu*king around really, its just one big disaster!

anyone have any ideas on why the color is different even though the right paint code was used?

TeZ

Non RS : (
Re: The End Might Be Nigh...

Many ways it could be differnt. FM will be your man foxy.

Astra coupe

my guess would be that they used a different colour primer. eg if the car was white primered and they used either a black or grey it would appear darker than the car.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator

Colours can be different for many reasons. Non renault paint, paint wasnt mixed rightly.

Stick it out, never know the coded bump strips may make the car look better in a two tone look.

yeah FM should know i rekon..............ive had bumpers and other paint mixed to J47 before, all been perfect matches :S

Colours can be different for many reasons. Non renault paint, paint wasnt mixed rightly.

Stick it out, never know the coded bump strips may make the car look better in a two tone look.

not when i only had the front strips re-done, the rear ones were perfect, so you can see the diff more :(

DSC_0186.jpg

M

mini-valver

No s**t.....

Don't sell up mate, get it back up there and make him do it again! He might had used the wrong base coat? I dunno but it's obviously wrong. Chin up lad, get it sorted and drop the engine in, happy days!

RS 172

The body shop I use always mix the paint themselves with the car in place so they can colour match it on site. I know this wouldnt have been possible in your case, as the shop was a long way away, but its the most reliable method of getting a match.

But if you do sell up, be sure to take it back to standard and donate your coilies to my charity. :D

Hope it all gets sorted. Is a nice looking car and would be a shame to sell up.

Turbo'd lude, Astra

Jords don't give up!!

Remember the good ol days!

P1000739.gif

P1000756.gif

P1000745.gif

Matt black FTW!!!! ;)

ATS CUP'd Dynamique

chin up...get it sorted and you'll fall in love with your clio again :D

its such a stunning car..you'd regret selling it in the end

BMW M5 & E36

Stick with it lad, it's a stunner. Bit of a ball ache im sure but there's no doubt it'll be worth it.

Clio 197

cheer up mate...

you got a nice car you did there but I know your car has been up & down.

LY V6 with Recaros

It's such a stunning car, the nicest non sport I've seen, you can't sell lol!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

:dapprove:

Shi*ty situation to be in there pal. Not much you can do apart from try to get a refund, if you don't wanna take it back to them.

yeah, i dont see how the chunks have come to be out of the bumper to be honest, it seems like they have been painted and laquered over, and the others are just blatant scratches :(

Tangoed Works

get em done gloss black and your wheels done the same. will look awesome!

1.2 MK2 PH2

Have a crack at urself f0xy mate. Can't be much worse and it'll only cost that in petrol...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

"burreet" fella..

sh*te news though!!

don't sell, we can't lose you and nosebag!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

:(

shall we call immi and adile and drop him a visit..... maaaaaaate

wait and see ;)

a sed they wernt right wen we pikked them up jordan u cnt sell up either mate the cars 2 gud 2 b owned by sum1 else

is dirty.

Don't sell. You have had some s**t luck but perhaps this will be the last of it.
It's definately in my top 3 of non sports on the site, keep it and give it the engine treatment!

Hyundai i40

dont sell it it will b mint once sorted.....u will regret it if u sell it