ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unsilenced mid section & standard Renault rear silencer

mk1 Octavia VRS
Has anyone run the above setup with the CAT still in place? Will the lack of centre section make it drone at motorway speeds or make it sound awful?

Won't make any difference on noise what so ever, with decat itl be louder but still not droney

Lol so fitting an unsilenced centre section won't change the sound????

Op it will most definatly change exhaust note along with some droning and even more if you add a decat.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Centre silencer makes quite a difference to noise levels (dependant on it's size, length more than diameter). Decat makes even more again.

Taking them out won't necessarily make it drone, there's more to the exhaust design than that.

As your running a 172 and changing the cat for a decat and back again for MOT purposes is a PITA I'd just get a sports cat.

Personally I'd keep the centre silencer but that's a matter of preference.

turbo 182
Lol so fitting an unsilenced centre section won't change the sound????

Op it will most definatly change exhaust note along with some droning and even more if you add a decat.
On the standard system on my 182 removing the centre silencer did not make it any louder with the cat still in place! However with decat it was!

b/g 182, meg tourer
on my 182 i have a cat (full bore exit), no silencer section, miltek there after. it does drone a little bit more with no silencer but its more raspy too :approve: cant comment on std system tho.