ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

unlocking the 3G

That guide is for the old version.

A new iphone will have v3.0.1 or v3.0.0 on it

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4301 - Follow that link for Windows to Jailbreak the phone

then to unlock

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4253 - Follow that link.

Its very easy to do and easily fixable if you c**k things up. Just read through the details of how to do it first and then again before your start

Also if your using it on T-Mobile don't worry about turning 3G off before starting as it says on the guide (T-Mob USA thing)

Hmmm, j/b easy, job done.

Tried the unlock and it is tell me that the sim is not recognised and only allows me to do emergency calls . . . Works with the O2 card though!

Any suggestions?

Really? OK, just done the unlock thing again.

Justin, this is a 3G chap, no s :) unlocked using Cydia after using Gopher's jailbreaking guide.

Not wanting to speak too soon but this appears to have worked second time around . . .

Wohhoo, to the 10,000.

Jailbreaking was fine and easy, all done. Unlock just didn't work :(

Yeah put the link in OK, now taking forever to restore!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Unlock was the easier part lol just add a resource to cydia and install it, restart job done. :)

Weird that it didn't do it first time around. The only thing I changed was not opting to upgrade the updates on Cydia until after unlocking. That time around, it worked :S

Ah well, all is running well!

Mental 172 Cup
how is it possible??? a mate of mine has bought a phone someone found which has a network lock on it!!

Trophy #267
it may be possible but i doubt it is easy or in the public domain as the consequences of getting caught doing it are high for changing imei and usually prevented on as many levels possible in hardware by the mnufacturer

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
iBought a 3g on here that was the same, it is possible to do it.

But im not telling you how.

Trophy #267
so youve either bought a nicked phone that u seem unwilling to take back / report or u nicked it yourself and now want to bypass the imei blacklisting to make it operate again..... I think i'll side with Tom on this, and monobrows are where its at !

Mental 172 Cup
it was a mate of mine who got it! i was told it was possible by others and just wanted to check! either way he got a cheap itouch!