ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unknown steering problem

Clio RS 2003
Hello guys,

I have a small problem and I hope I posted this in the right section. My 172 pulls left, gently. It feels like in about 100m it will slowly switch lanes. It doesn't do that all the time, just random.

I have checked the following:
* all mechanical were checked for play and wear. nothing was found to be wrong under the car (bushes, rods, etc)
* wheel alignment is checked and fine.
* prior to ^, wheels have been re-made, rechecked, rebalanced. tyres are new.
* steering fluid and brake fluid changed and checked.

The only thing I didn't check are suspensions. Visually, they look intact, except for one top mount, which is a bit... odd. Standard mounts are fitted and the one in question seems to be screwed higher. May it have bounced? I attached a photo of the current situation, left-right comparison.

test.jpg

Can a top mount behave like that? Shouldn't have they seen this during the scan for the tracking? Measured by ruler, the car is centered compared to the ground.

ph2 Clio 172
Are you sure your car isint just pulling with the level of the road? alot of roads over here that im on, (Not motorways) are slightly of level, more down on the left side, but once i hit a flat piece of road or a road that is slightly inclined to the right it straightens up, im sort of having the same problem as you though, but i got my car aligned to. it made a slight difference maybe ill go get it done again. or have a bit of a screw myself. also when i adjust my tyre pressures it helps to.