ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unjailbreak iPhone

Clio 197 F1
Might be seem like a stupid question and I've already searched but couldn't find the answer.

Basically I want to just remove the jailbreak and have it like it would of been when I bought it from Apple, I also want rid off all the jailbreak files from behind the scenes.

Thanks
David

Clio 197 F1
After reading on Google, someone has put go into Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings.

So I don't need to bother with that bit?

Well you can. But I'm guessing you're going to want your contacts/text messages back afterwards? So you'll need to plug it in.

Golf R/Leon FR
i was going to ask the same question tonight. I stupidly plugged in my phone to iTunes and left it and it synced with iTunes, I was going to unjailbrake anyway, but now if i restore from iTunes will it take off Cydia etc? Or do I have to do anything else before a restore?

Renaultsport Clio 182
might be a dull question but why would you want to unjailbreak it? the iphone is 10 times better once jailbroken and not just beacuse of the free apps etc.

just the vast improvement in functionality was enough for me. Apple put waaaaaay too many restrictions on the standard iphones

Hyundai i40
i was going to ask the same question tonight. I stupidly plugged in my phone to iTunes and left it and it synced with iTunes, I was going to unjailbrake anyway, but now if i restore from iTunes will it take off Cydia etc? Or do I have to do anything else before a restore?

iirc it removes cydia etc

i found my phone ran laggy and s**t when mine was jail broken and never did any changes so was pointless to me

Hyundai i40
i don't know, but it ran alot slower, maybe was a coincidence but i restored it and its like it was again

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have definitely always suffered from lag on the iPhone whenever it was jb. Horrible and returned to standard soon after each time.

Renaultsport Clio 182
the only 'lag' is likely to be caused by running several apps simultanelously (which you can only do on a JB iphone)

my 3GS doesnt seem to run any different than before i JB'd it. the only difference i've noticed is that teh battery goes slightly quicker when running multiple apps but that's a small price to pay in my book

Clio 197 F1
Well I'm hoping the new iPhone will be out soon so going to get mine on ebay before everyone else does. I'm guessing that on release day there will be thousands of iPhones on ebay all going for about £150 LOL.