ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Under seat subs

Clio MK 4
Wanting to add bass but don't want to use my boot space. So thinking 8inch sub under the passenger seat. Any good recommendations ? Would want one that has built in amp as well. I'm aware won't be as good as a 10/12 inch sub, just want that extra bass.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
The Alpine SWE 1200 is a really good fit and has an 8 inch woofer. I havent tried any other underseat subs but this one is really good. have a look here

sub2-jpg.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
@LeeRS probably not. In the pic above - thats the passenger seat and you see the little cut outs in the carpet at the bottom of the image those are mounting points for the cd changer. However , the SWE1200 fits just as well under the drivers seat too so you could fit it there. I think even if it would fit under the cd changer the bass would probably cause the cds to skip.

Listerine & Poledo
If you're using a standard stereo (guessing you are since you're concerned with the CD changer) then you'd do well to change out the headunit as well.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I'm using an 800w Vibe Activ8 in my MG.
It's quite long and won't fit under the MG or the Clio seats, so I've bolted it to the back of the back seats.

It doesn't thump like a proper sub, but it does add a little extra to the music.
Think I paid £100 delivered with a wiring kit for it.