ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Undecisive....

R.I.P Clio
Hey guys,

Right heres my predicament...

Ive got a Mk2 Ph1 Clio 1.6 Si, and its pretty much standard apart from stereo! So no mods done. Ive got dint damage to the driver door as seen here...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=398545

Ive got 100500 ish on the clock, and ive just had a full service with all problems rectified!

So I have been thinking that I would like to modify the car slightly, I would only get new wheels, possibly lower it a bit (to stop it looking like a tractor with new wheels) and an induction kit, for a little bit of sound!

So I can do 1 of two things.... Please give me suggestions!....

I can...

A. Leave it as it is, because its gettin old and quite high on the mileage front, so save up my monies buy a newer better Clio.

or

B. Buy new wheels, lowering kit and induction kit. But the new mods will be on a slightly damaged car so in improving the looks they are getting a little bit let down! Plus its gonna be an expensive jobby to do all of these mods it would cost more than the car was bought for.. i.e. £600

I think the things that may sway my decision either way are...

A. Obviously the saving of monies towards a new car makes sense.

and

B. If Im right in thinking the mods ive planned could be transfered onto the new Clio?! Its sorta worth doing! (Could Someone Confirm this please)

I know ultimately its my decision, but id just like to get some opinions from others on what you would do!

Thanks for reading

Peace & Love :cool:

-Pigeon

120d M Sport
Hi Pigeon, a nice set of turinis you could transfer straight over to a ph2:cool: springs you couldn't though

It's indecisive by the way:eek:

BMW 323i Coupe
Save for a new car, then buy mods. Imagine if you bought new alloys now, kerbed them, and then put them on a new car, you'd be a bit gutted knowing that they could have been brand new on.

Plus if you leave it longer, you can look around more for cheaper mods etc.

R.I.P Clio
It's indecisive by the way:eek:
I know man it was originally Undecided but wasnt till I pressed submit i realised haha oops

Good points tho boyos!

Im jus thinking I wanted wheels cos the steelies + hubs look gash, and id only lower it so it didnt look like a tractor, not because i wanted to if ya know what i mean, Its gonna take a VERY long time to save im talking 2+ years lol

120d M Sport
Know how you feel mate! Im stuck with my 1.2 for another two years. Might aswell do a bit of tidying up so that you can enjoy it more, wheels, colourcoding etc, improvements can be made without major money

R.I.P Clio
Know how you feel mate! Im stuck with my 1.2 for another two years. Might aswell do a bit of tidying up so that you can enjoy it more, wheels, colourcoding etc, improvements can be made without major money
thats exactly what im thinking mate, jus a bit of tidying up so its nicer for the period i have it, but in buying wheels its gonna tractor so thats why i thought of the lowering. I cba with anything else tho tbh colour coding etc, im gonna have it for a long time so theres no rush! its jus frustrating thinking of the boring steelies with 3 out of 4 hubs the same cos the back right is different lol (you can see on the pics above)

120d M Sport
Get some turinis or somethin then! That way if you go to a faster clio after, you can swap em straight over, if not flog em on here when you sell up, you will probably get more than half back what u paid for them:)

I spent money tidying up my 1.2! needs doing again now though! and tbh I sorta wish i had left it as it was and just saved my pennies!!

Save up and get a 172 laddy!! You know its what you really want! Don't try to make something its not!

I spent money tidying up my 1.2! needs doing again now though! and tbh I sorta wish i had left it as it was and just saved my pennies!!

Save up and get a 172 laddy!! You know its what you really want! Don't try to make something its not!

Makes sense :)