ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unbelievable drop in insurance!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hi all,

I turned 20 last month and in two weeks i get my first years no claims through Aviva. They sent the renewal through, This year i have paid £3030.21(TPFT) altogether for my first years insurance on my little 1.2 clio 8v. Aviva sent the renewal through, TPFT - £2810... WHAT?!

I decided to have a look around and see what comes up. Went onto confused and the prices are... £545.20!! fully comprehensive.. ERRR YES?! BTW ( I have 6 points from when i just turned 18)

Absolutely massive drop in insurance for having a first year of stupidly priced insurance. I actually expected it to be over £1000 still but im amazed at the price. Actually looking forward to having spare money in my bank every month which will be going towards getting a new car.

Im unsure whether I want to go for a new car next year or get one this year as my clio is almost on its last legs being at 110,100 miles and having cost an arm & leg to keep it running and working! Little workhorse has done 22,500 miles this year alone! :p

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Just keep an eye on the price over the next 2 weeks and when you ring up too buy that all the details are correct.

Sounds like a good drop though.

But lol at paying £3k. I'd sooner hop to my destination.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Just keep an eye on the price over the next 2 weeks and when you ring up too buy that all the details are correct.

Sounds like a good drop though.

But lol at paying £3k. I'd sooner hop to my destination.

I did pay monthly which im sure the APR was 27.3% so that put it up a lot! But i dont think i know any young person at my age be able to afford like £2000 in one payment!

The £545 i think i can pay in one go as i have some money saved up already so i should be able to get away with paying it all in one :)

^^ this

Im on aviva and pay £1300 for the 1.2 16v, first year, with modifications!

They really bent you over on that one, congrats on the £545 renewal though! lucky find :)

Everyone and everything is different when it comes to insurance costs. Yep 3k is alot but we all have to start somewhere.:)

Good drop that mate, drive careful and keep it down low.

Black Sheep
Good find. I thought it was instant ban and test re sitting if you hit 6 points as an 18 year old.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Exactly same situation, first year insured on the 1.2 16v was 2.6k TPFT, now it's £620 Comprehensive.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Good find. I thought it was instant ban and test re sitting if you hit 6 points as an 18 year old.

At the time i was on a provisional and supposed to only be allowed 6 points max. But i had to go to court and due to me working in a rural location at the time they let me keep my license so i could keep my job so did get quite lucky!

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
I did pay monthly which im sure the APR was 27.3% so that put it up a lot! But i dont think i know any young person at my age be able to afford like £2000 in one payment!

Take out a 0% credit card, and set the monthly payments to your insurance cost divided by 12 (months)

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Do you have a bad CR then?
​Should easily get a card with atleast a 2k limmit unless you have a bad credit rating..

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Just my luck. I decided to pay monthly on this as my renewal was 2 days ago. Paid the deposit which was £78. And then been told by my boss that i am being laid off due to funding(Im on an apprenticeship) and now out of the job. DAMN!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Ive just got a price off admiral for the 182.

£ 203 fully comp protected :approve: (200xs)