ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unbalanced wheel

BlackGold 182
I have an unbalanced wheel at the front and yesterday afternoon the steering went seriously wobbly and shaking but also that wheel was really hot too.

Would the over heating be because of a missing wheel weight?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Overheating would point to friction for me.

Stuck brake, fucked bearing etc.

The gfs car had quite bad wheel wobble, intermittently above 50mph. I got the front wheels balanced a few months back and touch wood it seems to have sorted it.

BlackGold 182
I have just driven it again and today it whobbled a little when driving but lots more when I was braking l, can't look under the car until tomorrow,

The discs are less than 1k miles old so surely can't be warped.

When I replaced the pads though one side was extremely tough to push piston back in, could it be that?

Track 172 Cup
Had a similar problem on my missus Nissan wheel got really hot and threw a weight off causing it too go out of balance and wobble the steering wheel badly found it was a sticky caliper causing the wheel to get hot tried to free it off lasted about 2 weeks did the same ended up going Euro Car parts and buying new caliper, front discs and pads as the disc had turned blue and wasn't taking chances as its her car and she ferries the baby round and commutes up the motorway to work (cost me £180 all in where Nissan wanted £400 just for a caliper) probably could have got away with using the pads as they weren't too bad but for the cost they were put on so everything was new, been great since (well except it's a Nissan Qashqai lol)

BlackGold 182
Last two were spot on, found the caliper was sticking and not releasing after braking.

Makes sense thinking the heat has thrown the weight off the car too.

Cheers guys