ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ultrawide Monitors

Evening,

I’m fancying upgrading my 24“ no frill Dell monitor for something a little larger.
Having an ultrawide would definitely be something which helps with both work (engineer) and personal (photography) use.

Can anyone recommend a monitor for <£400?

The main thing I’d like but isn’t looking too possible is USB C PD, plugging my work laptop in with 1 cable would mean a tidier desk.

Thanks

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
With some monitors you can just use a USB C cable from the monitor to provide both signal and power to a laptop.

It’s a great feature and saves on cable clutter!
Interesting - I only use a USB-C from the laptop to the dock, to which the monitors are connected. I didn't realise that you could do it in reverse?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting - I only use a USB-C from the laptop to the dock, to which the monitors are connected. I didn't realise that you could do it in reverse?
Yeah it’s a neat solution.

Something like this, just have to watch for what power they are rated to supply

That one for instance will pass through power, display, network and any usb devices plugged into the monitor downstream ports.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Evening,

I’m fancying upgrading my 24“ no frill Dell monitor for something a little larger.
Having an ultrawide would definitely be something which helps with both work (engineer) and personal (photography) use.

Can anyone recommend a monitor for <£400?

The main thing I’d like but isn’t looking too possible is USB C PD, plugging my work laptop in with 1 cable would mean a tidier desk.

Thanks
Not go dock? Means the limiting factor is your device connecting to it. Never the dock. Means upgrades are easier with a USB C dock too.

Not go dock? Means the limiting factor is your device connecting to it. Never the dock. Means upgrades are easier with a USB C dock too.
I’ve got a dock from work but it only trickle charges the laptop. With the monitor I’ve bought, I’ll only need the 1 USB C to C cable now which will save some wires under the desk.

Why didn’t I buy an ultrawide soon?!

Attachments

• 9AE49E0E-FCF5-40CB-9A49-2C02AD79AB49.jpeg
    9AE49E0E-FCF5-40CB-9A49-2C02AD79AB49.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39