ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres x 4, What we Recommending these days??

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
... Other than Michelins! because I'm poor at the mo!!

I've ran Rainsports and ZV7's and found them pretty good, should I stick with them?

Any offers or anyone recommend the best price for them too please??

Ta.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
If you know of a fitter then take a look at Camskill. Tyres are always considerably cheaper on there.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Another vote for Falken here, affordable and been great for pottering about in my wife's Civic type S.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Michelin PS3 still a solid option regardless how old they are now I didn't want to pay the extra either but it's worth it imo and they probably won't wear as fast as some other options anyway.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
The Michelins on mine have cracked and rotted out long before they were due, probably 6mm left all round.

4-6 years, they die of old age.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Out of curiosity is your car situated outside or in a garage?

Outside, the sun and heat cycles kill them...

I used to work at a tyre garage years back, Michelins have always cracked early, but boy do they eat miles.. The clio almost covered 30k on a set..

Loads of tyres crack early, I just pulled some toyos off as they were dead after 4-5 years, loads of tread..

My gt turbo is on a set of late 2000 Goodyear eagles.. No visible cracks, but grip like shower soap.

Still gonna run em.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Cheers all for the replies, just been pricing some up and there is roughly £100 diff between the tyres mentioned compared to PS2's - cheapest for 4 fitted is £504.

I know I said couldn't stretch to Michelins but I thought there would be a bigger difference in price If truth be told! I remember when I payed less than £300 for four tyres!!!

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I haven't looked at car tyre prices recently so I'm unsure if the 'inflation' is the same as to what I am seeing with the van tyres!

In 2020.....
Screenshot_20240319_071001_Samsung Internet.jpg

In 2021.....
Screenshot_20240319_070942_Samsung Internet.jpg

2024 quote.......
Screenshot_20240319_071340_Samsung Internet.jpg