ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre wearing issue

RB 182 FF
Got a pair of eagle f1's on the front about 8k ago. Had the tracking done at the same time, (allegedly anyway) looked at one of them today and it is completely bald round the outer edge. The other tyre is fine and has still got a bit left in it.
Does this just suggest that the tracking is way out again or could it mean something more sinister?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
That happened to me at 6k, outer edge on near side front wheel bald but rest of the tyre and off side was just legal so they were in need of replacement. I just put it down to roundabouts and 1st 6 months ownership.

If there is a fair amount of tread across the rest of the tyre, then suppose tracking is worth looking at. I'm not too clued up about that TBH.

ph2 172 and 106 gti
Sometimes one side does tend to wear more than the other i have found, might be worth getting the tracking checked again though IMO, and maybe get things like ball joints and track rod ends etc checked for any signs of wear,

Only my opinion though by no means an expert on this,

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Tracking could be out only needs one pothole or as said its having fun on roundabouts. Get it check when you replace the tyre.

RB 182 FF
Thanks for your replies. Will get the tracking sorted when the new tyres get put on this week. It has certainly put me off eagle f1s though.