ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Wear

Focus
I appreciate taking my car on a track will significantly increase the wear on my tyres, but I appear to be having what I would class as incredibly bad wear!

Had some new Conti sport contact 3s fitted a fortnight ago, I wasn't planning on using them on the track but got pulled into doing an afternoon at Snetterton on Sunday (3x20min sessions). The outside of my brand new Conti's on the front are ruined!

Before any track day fnatics come in saying I've been cornering too hard, I wasn't taking it no where near as hard as I could due to the new tyres.

Could this have something to do with wheel alignment? Tyre pressures? Or just that Conti's are to soft for the track? I'd been checking them through out the afternoon and kept them hot at about 33. It's quite frustrating as mate in his type r spent the WHOLE day on track, with Bridgestone Potenzas, and had literally no wear on the side wall what so ever! :boring:

I'm guessing it may have something to do with the fact I'm driving a completely standard 172 non-cup, maybe it's because it's a tad too floppy?

RS 182 CUP
check tracking first, camber isnt adjustable on std suspension but tracking is.

when was the last time you had your tracking checked?

Focus
Got the tracking done at work with some old style tracking things, can get a 4 wheel lazer alignment done cheap with a tyre company I know I think, is that what you mean?