ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre wear problem

1.5dci
Owned the car 20 months now, and have put on 12 new tyres (4 were replaced on buying, 2 i've just ordered from camskill) although 4 have been on the rear

Surely this isn't normal! It's always the inside edge on both of the front tyres which goes and i've had the tracking done at least 4 times in the 20months, all at different places, but laser tracked with print outs!

Has anyone got any advice on what is going wrong, or should i put up with replacing the front pair every 6 months?

P.S. Also in case it matters, i've replaces both front shocks, wishbones and ball joints 8 months ago, so they shouldn't be causing any problems, is there anything else that could be gone.

+ Not sure if it matters either, or if the lack of tread i've been running has caused it, but recently going from full/hard lock in one direction back to straight quickly has been making then oversteer in the other direction momentarily before straightening up again

Any help would be great thanks, I've got 2 new Toyo T1R's on order, but would like to know how to get the best life out of these

E30 325i & 172 Cup
You might have too much negative camber. I think you will need a geometry check to find out, as its not checked when you have the tracking done.

1.5dci
The other half is getting the new tyres fitted today and alignment done, but just rang me to say they've found out the reason the steering has been funny when straightening up fast for the last week or so... it would seem the 8month old ball joint has cracked, although worryingly they say it looks alot older than that (was done at a different garage) :s
Even more worryingly is that when I got it replaced I bought the part and took it to the garage to get it fitted, so not sure why that part isn't on it! Now hundreds of miles away from there, so I'm just having to get it replaced again... great

1.5dci
Found out more from the garage, apparently the garage that fitted them must have not done the balljoints on the wishbones tight enough and they've been working them selves around and worn away the holes in the wishbone and the ball joint has worked free, knackering both the ball joint and the wishbone, now not sure if I should contact the original garage that did the work, it was over 8 months ago, and I can't either drive there with it in this state, plus it would cost £40 or so to drive there, dose anyone know if they should cover this expense for replacing the parts and getting them fitted?