ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre swapping!

182 FF (Black Gold)
Hey bit of a silly question, but that's why forums exist!!! :rasp:

I am getting 2 brand new tyres fitted on my Clio tomorrow, they are to replace the slicks that are on the back, the 2 front ones are around 5 months old and have just under half the original thread on.

The question is do I get the fitter to put the 2 new ones on the front and swap the 2 old ones which were originally on the front to the back?

My dad has suggested this and it makes sense, what do you guys usually do?

Thanks guys :D

Golf GTD Mk7
It's to stop the rear end swapping on you mate. If the front goes it's only going to be a bit of understeer, but the rear is more unpredicatable in this weather.

Nice and quick!! Okies wil do :) Would I need to get it all balanced and the tracking done?

Nope

182 FF (Black Gold)
It's to stop the rear end swapping on you mate. If the front does it's only going to be a bit of understeer, but the rear is more unpredicatable in this weather.

Nope

Ahh I see :) To be fair they are well below legal limits not, no joke they are like racing slicks. I have not being out in the car much but when I have the back has never twitched. Just the ABS kicks in way too early.

So you reckon just get him to swap the back ones and leave the fronts alone? :)

A4 Avant
You'll have more chance of saving an understeer moment than a sudden oversteer. Straight on the back with the new ones, especially in the winter.

As said, on any car you always put the best rubber on the back so if anything the car will understeers rather than oversteer.