ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TYRE SIZES!! WILL 205/45/16 FIT?

Renault Sport Clio 172
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR TYRES FOR AGES AND THE MICHILEN PE ARE PROB THE BEST BUT ALSO MOST EXPENSIVE. I HAVE HAD GSD 3 LAST TIME AND HAD NO PROBLEMS.

I HAVE 195/45/16. I WANT 205/45/16 FOR THAT LITTLE BIT MORE GRIP ON A 7J ALLOY WHEEL (STANDARD 172 ALLOY) HOWEVER THE GUY THAT WAS ABOUT TO FIT MY NEW TYRES (GSD3 205/45/16) WOULDNT DO IT BECAUSE IT WOULD CAUSE UNEVEN TYRE WARE AND THE TYRE WALL WOULD BE UNDER ABNORMAL PRESSURE.

ANY ONE UPGRADE TO THE SAME SIZE OR HAD ANY PROBLEMS. I'M NOT LOOKING TO LOWER MY CAR. BUT ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE GRATEFUL.

Boz

Arctic 182
I would say they'll be fine, weels should be wide enough. Rolling diameter will just be a little bigger (i.e. 45% of 205mm, rather than 195mm).

M2 Competition
They'll be fine. Expect slightly more tramlining etc, and a harder steering feel, but slightly more grip.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
maybe different pressures to account for slightly larger sidewall, reduces sideways movement. if you want to be picky.

RS RIP
is'nt the 45 dimension saying that the tyre-wall is the same height ?
Never heard of it being 45% of the tyre-width ?

RS RIP
right ! always thought of the 45 (for example) being a wall height of 45 mm or something in the matter..

so it's 45% of the width, every day you learn something eh !?:)